2022-01-13, 06:00

Wordle 208 6/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Down to the wire, like many others here. I spent more time on this one than all my others combined, I think…especially on turns 4-6, once it was clear I was really off the mark. Entry number six was all I had left. β€œIf this ain’t it…”.

Plays 2-4 were complete wastelands.

β€œWhy is there no more green and yellow here?!?”

Not my best round.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-01-13, 09:04

Forensics
It's interesting how much I battle my instinct to make letters fit words instead of allowing the letters to show me the word. In my third step I thoughtlessly moved a green letter out of its correct place in the fourth square, accidentally nailing the last letter in the word with my word guess. Realizing my mistake, I noted that the sole unplaced yellow letter had been in three wrong locations so only two were left, square 1 and square 4. Square 4 was now claimed, so spot one was where it belonged. With only spots two and three left to fill all I had to do was guess, and some of my potential choices had been eliminated in prior attempts. I had a moderate expectation of success when I committed on turn four.

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-01-13, 09:07

Got me today.

Wordle 208 X/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-13, 10:17

I’d do my forensics but it would just make me cry. My guesses were horrible, having only one letter for turns 1-3, and then only two for 4-5. Had turn 5 not locked the two letters into place, it would’ve been a bust out.

The only good thing coming from all my missed guesses is by the time I got to turn 6, I’d eliminated a good 16 or so letters and so my pool to select from was only about eight letters. And 2-3 of those were a complete, obvious no-go.

But I still had to think on it and mentally try a few until it finally hit me.

β€œMotherf…”

Moral of the story…

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Perhaps I should watch more PBS.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-01-13 at 10:38.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-01-13, 10:34

Wordle 208 6/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I'm pretty shocked I got this one. More so that I'm even playing it at all really.

I would appreciate it more if I could layout the letters where I know they are rather than having to go from left to right. It is harder to visualize the words without being able to see what I know should be where.

Louis L'Amour, β€œTo make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2022-01-13, 10:57

Wordle 208 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Today was a toughie. Go 4 was a "I have no idea what's happening here, lets eliminate some stuff"

Double letters, and a Vowel start? Yikes.
Β‘Damned!

2022-01-13, 11:24

Wordle 208 6/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Right down to the wire, again.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-01-13, 11:26

Oh dear. A friend just shared this with me: Absurdle

It's an adversarial Wordle clone. It keeps changing the target word to still fit based on the letters you've eliminated. My first puzzle took 16 tries. Thanks, I hate it.

If you really want some vocabulary practice or maybe you're just a masochist, that version is for you!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-01-13, 11:31

Yeah, that one isn't for me at all.
Β‘Damned!

2022-01-13, 11:40

Letterle is a little less stressful:

Letterle 9/26
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
🟩

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-13, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Oh dear. A friend just shared this with me: Absurdle

It's an adversarial Wordle clone. It keeps changing the target word to still fit based on the letters you've eliminated. My first puzzle took 16 tries. Thanks, I hate it.

If you really want some vocabulary practice or maybe you're just a masochist, that version is for you!
I struggle enough with the regular one. I don't need a version actively trying to mess me up/fight me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Letterle is a little less stressful...

...and on the other end of the scale.

I'm afraid this guy is going to regret not doing a bit more to protect his creation. Even if he's not in it "for the money" (but who wouldn't enjoy a few extra dollar), at least he'd control it all and keep others from profiting from his idea/work/time.

Maybe he's just wired different than most.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-01-13, 13:57

Letterle

Letterle 22/26
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
⬜
🟩
https://edjefferson.com/letterle/

chucker
β€½

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-01-13, 14:27

Letterle 2/26
⬜
🟩
https://edjefferson.com/letterle/
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-13, 14:38

Letterle 1/26
🟩

I’m not playing this game anymore. I’m never gonna beat my first attempt.
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2022-01-13, 17:09

Wordle 209 (5/6)

⬛️⬛️⬛️
⬛️⬛️⬛️
⬛️⬛️⬛️
⬛️⬛️⬛️

Ugh! Worse! Didn't think I was even going to get this one out. If line 5 hadn't worked I don't think I could have come up with a word for line 6.

Rejected my Italian word "fieno" and my alternate French word "doigt". "Adieu" and "trois" were the French words I tried previously that were accepted. I'm back to English as of today and it still didn't help!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2022-01-13, 17:14

Chester: Do your Wordle symbol grids look broken to you too? Trying to work out if it's my computer, yours or the forum. I only see the black squares, nothing else.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2022-01-13, 17:25

Wordle 209 3/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
crazychester

2022-01-13, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Chester: Do your Wordle symbol grids look broken to you too? Trying to work out if it's my computer, yours or the forum. I only see the black squares, nothing else.
Ah I've been wondering about this. No they look like everybody else's to me. All I see is black squares from everybody (except for people with white squares). So it's me not you.

I'm on a really old iPad and things often don't work right anymore. I gathered everybody else was copying their grid results from the game itself. I see no way to do that. I'm doing mine using emoji squares to make it look like what *I* see everybody else's looking like. I gather from your comment it's not working.

Can somebody post a screen shot so I can see what your grids look like?

Fortunately, Brad's Absurdle link wouldn't load for me at all. Blessing in disguise I suspect........

Geez, how'd you manage 209 in 3 Mac+? Bigly impressed!
chucker
β€½

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-01-13, 18:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester View Post
Can somebody post a screen shot so I can see what your grids look like?
https://imgur.com/a/2u7qg23

Quote:
I gathered everybody else was copying their grid results from the game itself. I see no way to do that. I'm doing mine using emoji squares to make it look like what *I* see everybody else's looking like.
The game is supposed to have a share button when you're finished. In my case, it likes to hide until I disable content blockers. That share button is what generates the emoji grid.

I'm also wondering if your old iPad maybe has emoji for black squares but no emoji for yellow and green squares yet.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-01-13, 18:09

Maybe it has something to do with a given persons light or dark mode settings? I see most peoples, other than a few that just show as black. I'm always on dark mode.
chucker
β€½

2022-01-13, 19:38

Wordle 209 5/6

⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have no idea what that word is.
crazychester

2022-01-13, 19:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
https://imgur.com/a/2u7qg23

The game is supposed to have a share button when you're finished. In my case, it likes to hide until I disable content blockers. That share button is what generates the emoji grid.

I'm also wondering if your old iPad maybe has emoji for black squares but no emoji for yellow and green squares yet.
Yeah I have the share button but it doesn't copy it to the clipboard. However, I just tried on my phone. It's too old to update to iOS13 (and I must say I'm annoyed and dismayed at how quickly iOS12 is now becoming dysfunctional). It will allow me to share but minus the coloured squares. (It also didn't recognize that I'd already played #209.)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/eUr6h5EPALXG9HYr9

I'll post from my phone tomorrow. Does that mean you'll see coloured squares or boxes with question marks in them like me?

I don't want to upgrade my shit in the middle of a fucking pandemic.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2022-01-13, 20:33

I'm an idiot. My mind completely blanked on the meaning of yellow letters and I just kept guessing with a letter in the wrong spot.

Finally realized my mistake on the last guess.

Wordle 208 6/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Mac+
9" monochrome

2022-01-13, 21:17

Quote:
Geez, how'd you manage 209 in 3 Mac+? Bigly impressed!
Thanks! Just some thinking about what would fit after guess 2.

I posted a clue on my Twitter after somebody else commented. No spoilers in here though.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2022-01-13, 23:06

I flunked wordle 208. Perhaps this is my penance for not being a fan of The Beatles.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-01-14, 00:10

BARELY pulled it out, again because I don't pay attention to the yellow squares. Found 3rd letter in turn 3, promptly stopped using it until final turn when I noticed it. Gah.

Wordle 209 6/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-01-14, 01:24

Wordle 209 4/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Also the name of one of my wife's and my favorite Animal Crossing characters. I should have spotted it sooner!!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-14, 04:42

Wordle 209 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Making up for #208’s 6/6.

Tried something different this go-around. Used words in turns 1-2 that used all five vowels + Y. At the end of turn 2 I had one letter locked in, two β€œfloaters” that I knew could really only work in 1-2 places and six eliminated letters that helped narrow things down, removing some common, go-to letters from consideration.

Did a bit of thinking prior to turn 3, but felt pretty good about my chances.
Dr. Bobsky

2022-01-14, 09:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Wordle 209 5/6

⬜🟩⬜🟨🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I have no idea what that word is.
Wordle 209 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

There's no good German translation, its somewhere in the midsts of with flavor...