Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Looking for a song

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Looking for a song
Wrao
Yarp

2005-05-11, 22:45

I just learned that one of my favorite tunes, that I thought was written by jaco pastorius, is actually an arrangement of a song from a TV show called, Mutual of Omaha's Wild kingdom.

I don't know if it's the theme, or just one of the songs from it, but if anyone can track down the original for me, that would be totally awesome.

The song is called 'Reza'

On a side note, I did my own arrangement of the tune in garageband, you can hear that here:
http://www.icompositions.com/auditor...php?photo=1195
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-05-11, 23:04

I so rock...

Check out http://www.wavethemes.org/.

Hope that helps... Check the WI section.. The website keeper has two songs from the wild kingdom show...
Wrao
Yarp

2005-05-12, 00:45

Wow, neat site... too bad it's kind of a chore to get the songs you want, and the site is kinda poorly designed. But, still. Thanks!

I will report back if one of those 2 is the one I'm looking for.
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2005-05-12, 10:21

Song I've been searching for, for a while: "Women Are the Niggers of the World" by John Lennon. I've never actually heard it, but my friend said its quite interesting.
midwinter

Send a message via ICQ to midwinter Send a message via AIM to midwinter  
2005-05-13, 03:44

Wild Kingdom. Heh. I remember watching that every weekend as a kid. "Hi! I'm Marlin Perkins! While Jim struggles for his life against a 20 foot anaconda, I'm going to tell you about Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance!"

angry people are not always wise
¡Damned!

2005-05-13, 11:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter
Wild Kingdom. Heh. I remember watching that every weekend as a kid. "Hi! I'm Marlin Perkins! While Jim struggles for his life against a 20 foot anaconda, I'm going to tell you about Mutual of Omaha Life Insurance!"

So true. Jim was Marlin's bitch, to be sure. Good times.
¡Damned!

2005-05-13, 12:00

Damn. Now I'm Googling for anything WK. Though I did find this very funny:

Quote:
Did you ever notice that as the years went by, Marlon's binoculars got bigger and bigger? By the final year of the show he had like a small Hubble telescope bolted to his face. This wasn't just because of his failing eyesight but because he was so old they kept him further and further away from the action and made Jim do all the dangerous stuff. "Oh no, the launching mechanism has misfired and Jim is trapped inside the net with the enraged wildebeest while I observe from a vantage point high in a nearby banyan tree. Fortunately, the ever-resourceful Jim is able to keep his spleen from leaking out his rectum by fashioning a tourniquet from some bungee cords and a handful of anteater dung. As we see in this footage, later in the safari Jim is mauled and sodomized by a rabid 600-pound silverback gorilla while I monitor the action anxiously from a strategic observation post just outside a titty bar in downtown Johannesburg. You know friends, whether you're injured at work or in a car accident, or you're having your lower intestine ripped out of your groin by a pack of starving hyenas, it always pays to have insurance from the good folks at Mutual of Omaha .."
Wrao
Yarp

2005-05-14, 13:09

Well, I appreciate the help, but alas, the files that I got from that TV theme webpage were not the song I was looking for. Unless jaco's arrangement took a heck of a lot of liberties, they didn't really sound anything alike.

Thanks for the help regardless, perhaps if I could download an episode or 2 of the show, maybe the music played during a different segment or something.
Wrao
Yarp

2005-05-18, 16:45

I still haven't found the original, but I did record the song again.

New Reza

Check it out, I'm pretty damn happy with it.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-05-18, 16:58

J&R has it on CD for $6.99 (and apparently some samples, too)
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...usic.196294_CD
Wrao
Yarp

2005-05-18, 17:14

Oh sorry FFL, I think you misunderstood. I have jaco's version, I have all of jaco's versions. But apparently the song, which I thought Jaco wrote, was actually based on a song from the TV show Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. I'm not looking for jaco's version, I'm looking for the mutual of omaha track.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-05-18, 17:30

gotcha - yeah, that's going to be tough to find!