User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

So, has everyone pre-ordered their Vision Pro headset?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
So, has everyone pre-ordered their Vision Pro headset?
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2024-02-29, 12:24

Sure, but you can't bend fiber, and… that makes it entirely impractical to wear on your body.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2024-02-29, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Maybe, but I'm also guessing in time they will get thermals good enough to support that. Look at how far we have come with even the Watch.
Do you keep your watch in your pocket, or on your wrist? Thermal load will always depend on the load on the chip, given the resolution that these things are pushing compared to an Apple watch, it's not really in the same league. A lower power chip could solve heat issues, but then you might loose some of the performance. I haven't looked closely enough at the reviews to see how hard this headset is pushing the hardware, so I'm just guessing.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2024-02-29, 13:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
Sure, but you can't bend fiber, and… that makes it entirely impractical to wear on your body.
It can flex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Do you keep your watch in your pocket, or on your wrist? Thermal load will always depend on the load on the chip, given the resolution that these things are pushing compared to an Apple watch, it's not really in the same league. A lower power chip could solve heat issues, but then you might loose some of the performance. I haven't looked closely enough at the reviews to see how hard this headset is pushing the hardware, so I'm just guessing.
Again, we aren't talking about today... years from now though. You don't think they will be able to push the pixels with less heat?
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2024-02-29, 16:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Again, we aren't talking about today... years from now though. You don't think they will be able to push the pixels with less heat?
We are already pushing hard against the wall of performance with silicon chips, without more cores, which requires more power, I'm not sure how they are going to get there with the current tech. Are there gains to be made in the low power sector? I'm not sure, ultra low power chips (under 10W) have not been making the big leaps that mid and high powered chips.