User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

Minecraft 1.7: New biomes and terrain! New flowers! New Trees! Oh my!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Minecraft 1.7: New biomes and terrain! New flowers! New Trees! Oh my!
Page 6 of 6 First Previous 2 3 4 5 [6]  Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-12-28, 22:48

I have a better way to go automatic on harvesting, no stapler is required. Go to your controls in the options menu of the game and change attack from button 1 to Caps Lock. Then just stand in front of the oncoming cobble with caps lock on and walk away from the computer.

I added some dirt blocks beside the output of the generator because it keeps the drops being pushed to me and less fall to the side.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2013-12-30, 20:02

"paloza"

*twitch*

kscherer
Which way is up?

2013-12-30, 22:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I have a better way to go automatic on harvesting, no stapler is required. Go to your controls in the options menu of the game and change attack from button 1 to Caps Lock. Then just stand in front of the oncoming cobble with caps lock on and walk away from the computer.

I added some dirt blocks beside the output of the generator because it keeps the drops being pushed to me and less fall to the side.
Thanks for the tip, you cheater!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-12-31, 19:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
"paloza"

*twitch*

¡Damned!

2013-12-31, 21:54

I have a request regarding textures. Now that we have Dark Oak and the corresponding dark planks and whatnot, I was thinking… remember how nice the greenish acacia blocks were in FTB? Is there a rare possibility we could make pine blocks that color?

I know, weird, not standard, whatever, but a darkish-green (not too dark!) block could be super nice given that we have Dark Oak to replace Spruce now. Also, pine. Green-assed pine.

The raw lumber blocks should be the same, obviously, I'm just talking about the planks and such. That would really be nice.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-12-31, 22:06

We're going to need more details than "green-assed pine" before we approve your request.

Please submit RGB colors and a mark-up made on grid paper with magic markers.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-12-31, 22:46

This mob farm is sucking clay from the mesa like it is out of fashion... Edit: I realize this makes no sense, and the most literal interpretation is the opposite of my meaning.... .. . ..
¡Damned!

2014-01-01, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
We're going to need more details than "green-assed pine" before we approve your request.

Please submit RGB colors and a mark-up made on grid paper with magic markers.

I remembered wrong. I was the fir that had the green texture.

Maybe a little darker than that? Like more of a forest green?

It would screw with anyone that had spruce-blocks for floors or whatever, but maybe it would work since I haven't seen anyone with a lot of that in place yet.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-01-01, 12:21

So, after falling from a great hight, being forced to swim in lava by a ghast, pissing off no less than 83 pig-dudes, and spending days and days with my stank hanging over the vast lakes of churning death, the Nether Hub is done—mostly. Yes, it needs some prettying up, some torches to light the way, a few more signs and other navigational assistance, as well as a number of pressure plate-activated doors, but the general structure is finished and safe from most baddies.

I also need a bit more obsidian to finish one or two portals (I think it's one, but my mind is all fuzzy and busy running from ghasts* in my sleep). I forget if it was Turtle or Elysium who passed on 30 blocks of O. Either way, that, plus the 40 I had provided enough to polish off most of the portals. Thanks! And thanks to Brad for the Cobble generator and 709 for the NE spoke and Elysium (I think) for the first half of the South spoke, and Drew for so kindly moving his portal aside.

At any rate, the system is very simple: The Spawn Portal is at the center, while protected spokes radiate out to all the major compass points (N, S, E, W) and also to all the minor compass points (NE, NW, SE, SW) approximately 200 blocks from Spawn. Each of these arms is then connected around the perimeter to all the other spokes approximately 200 blocks apart. As you all know, Overworld coordinates are a factor of 8 greater than Nether coordinates, so each of the Nether portals should reach in the neighborhood of 1600 blocks from the Space Needle at Cashout Cove. Ultimately, this will give us the ability to travel long distances from C.C. without actually traveling long distances.

At least, that's the plan—just as soon as the portals are all in place and lit.

Anyway, 709/Grey offered up the idea of having a "Lighting Party" to fire up all the portals. Basically, we all get together at some convenient time and light the portals, step through, and see where we land. Might be fun, might be chaos!

So, if anyone cares, please drop your input and a time that works for you. I am never available Friday night or Saturday, although I can do Saturday night or any other evening. During the day M-F is no good since I'm at work and have to drop out constantly as customers walk through the door.

Please keep this in mind: I like Grey's idea, but I'm not concerned about "being there" when the portals are lit. I'd like to be, but I don't want to spoil anybody's fun. So, if we can't agree on a time where we can all have fun, then we'll just light them as we get time.

Also, as BB pointed out, some of the portals are going to spawn inside a cave. So, should we let one or two do that, or do we want to make sure they all land on the surface? And, we need to consider a gravel/sand/cobble mining location, so if one spawns in the desert, we need to consider that, too.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, and happy mining!

* If spellcheck doesn't stop changing "ghast" to "ghost" (it just did it, again) I'm gonna chuck my Pro across the room!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-01-01, 12:31

Congratulations!!

The lighting party sounds like FUN!!

Kind of like a horror movie, where everybody separates and get picked off one by one!! (if we were to go sans armor)

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2014-01-01, 13:44

Quote:
I remembered wrong. I was the fir that had the green texture.

Maybe a little darker than that? Like more of a forest green?

It would screw with anyone that had spruce-blocks for floors or whatever, but maybe it would work since I haven't seen anyone with a lot of that in place yet.
I have spruce blocks for furniture... I'd rather they not turn green ....

Last edited by billybobsky : 2014-01-01 at 14:04.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-01-01, 15:49

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
I have spruce blocks for furniture... I'd rather they not turn green ....
No, I don't think I'll be making dark oak green. I still want to keep the colors inline with the base Minecraft colors; the general idea behind my pack is to retain the spirit of the original textures while making them subtly more attractive. If Jeb gives us green planks some day, maybe then!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2014-01-01, 16:00

I figured it was a long shot request. No biggie.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-01-01, 19:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Congratulations!!

The lighting party sounds like FUN!!

Kind of like a horror movie, where everybody separates and get picked off one by one!! (if we were to go sans armor)

LOLOL
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-21, 18:25

So, um... what client versions are we running? I'm still running 1.7.4 because I hadn't seen an notice to upgrade yet. I know in some cases clients can be updated without the server being update. Just wondering.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-03-21, 18:48

My client says I'm running 1.7.4 with OptiFine installed.
¡Damned!

2014-08-07, 12:06

Quote:
Red sand introduced in the new snapshot today. Found in mesa biomes.

Not that I think we'll get red glass or anything, but I really hope the sand is craftable into red sandstone blocks/slabs/stairs, etc. That would be an amazing addition.

Maybe even NPC villages on mesas? New adobe style temple?
Finally.

I wouldn't be surprised to see mesa villages, maybe temples pop up before 1.8 either.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2014-08-07, 14:32

ahem...

Only took them two and a half years to finally follow up on my request.