User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Moving Frontpage website to .Mac Homepage?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Moving Frontpage website to .Mac Homepage?
bosox

2005-04-27, 11:48

Pardon if this is the wrong place for this post: My question involves moving an existing website (created with Frontpage) to my .Mac Sites drive. I go to the .Mac website > Homepage > Advanced > External HTML > Sites... At this point, I'm prompted to add an existing webpage that is located in my Sites Directory. So I went back to my PC and installed the iDrive software, mounted my .Mac drive, and tried to copy my existing website to my .Mac Sites Directory. I tried copy and paste, but everytime I try to paste it errors and says "Cannot Copy file: file already exists". It gives me this error with everything I try to move over to the Sites directory. Files, folders, anything. Is this a Mac/Windows issue?

I'm not even sure if moving the frontpage website over there is a possibility, as I believe the website uses Frontpage extensions and I'm not sure if the .Mac hosting service supports them. Any insight would be appreciated.

BTW - new mac user and loving the mac mini. iDVD, iMovie, iPhoto, eBay on Safari; doesn't matter what it is, everything works like a champ, no problems.