AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Spot on iPhone 11 Pro sensor

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Spot on iPhone 11 Pro sensor
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-08-06, 09:04

My wife's iPhone 11 Pro seems to have something on her iPhone 11 Pro 1x sensor. It is not visible from the outside or looking in beyond the outer protector. We haven't had the phone for very long, but we are outside of being able to get AppleCare at this point.

Given there is no Apple Store open near us, what is the process to get this rectified? Sure I can call Apple Support/or chat and walk through that. I'm just wondering if I'm going to end up fighting a battle that I shouldn't. Please tell me this is an easy thing to get taken care of.

Here is a screen capture of the Camera app and then a snap I took with my finger on the lens.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-08-06, 11:37

You either have to take it to an Apple Authorized Service center or call. Whichever is more convenient for you. This one might be tough, though.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2020-08-06, 17:43

Looks like dust caught in the lens. I had that happen to one of my past iPhones, kind of sucked but it didn't happen until after the warranty ran out, so I wasn't in the mood to pay for a fix.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-08-07, 08:29

I wonder if it will be easier to go through AT&T instead of Apple. All I know is Mrs T is not happy because we upgraded her from a 7 because if the camera. She lives by that thing... this isn't sitting well with her.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.