User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

The TV Thread (for shows not called "Lost")

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The TV Thread (for shows not called "Lost")
Page 23 of 23 First Previous 19 20 21 22 [23]  Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Farmiga

2021-11-12, 16:37

First official look (not much of one, be warned) of the Obi-Wan Kenobi show coming to Disney+ in 2022.

To my knowledge, the main, live-action stuff has already been filmed, so the clean-shaven Ewan in the interview clips above make sense...he's done all his stuff and the beard can go away (for a while). I bet they aged him a tad for the show, maybe a little (some silvering, plus he's older now, by 16+ real-life years, than the last time we saw him in that character, so Mother Nature should take care of a few of those details as well (depending on when, exactly, the show is set).

There's also footage of Hayden lightsaber training, so that tells me that Vader and Obi-Wan's "re-match" on the Death Star in Episode 4 may not have been the first time they met/dueled since Mustafar (unless Vader is using his saber on others in the series - Jedi in hiding, co-workers who've pissed him off, etc. - and has no direct scenes/contact with Obi-Wan in this show).

However, the two of them talking/connecting via the Force can't be ruled out. We've already seen this is a thing (that deleted ROTJ clip of Vader calling out to Luke as Luke is putting the finishing touches on his new lightsaber in that cave). If the Force allows blue glowing ghosts to pop up and talk/interact with living characters, then you have to believe it can act as a direct party-line for living Force users to ring each other up (those scenes of Rey and Kylo Force-sexting in episodes 8 and 9).

So that might be one of the "hooks" for this Obi-Wan show...Vader and Obi-Wan occasionally reach out to taunt, guilt-trip, trash-talk, threaten, etc. each other?

"Hey, Darth-y...what has no legs, one arm and is black all over?"

"I give up, Kenobi. What?"

"YOU, motherfu..."

Anyway, lots of production art and McGregor seems to be his usual enthusiastic, cool self. (he's the best thing, by far, to ever come from the prequel trilogy, so if they had to bring anything/anyone back, I'm glad it's him).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-11-12 at 17:15.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-11-12, 17:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
If it has the same writers and showrunners as WandaVision I'm all for it - Kathryn Hahn is fantastic.

Finally got around to watching Black Widow this past weekend and the end scene with you know who makes me look forward to Hawkeye even more.
Yeah, WandaVision was great so there is promise for sure.

Now I need to watch Black Widow. I haven't watched it yet... this weekend... hopefully.
psmith2.0
Mr. Farmiga

2021-11-12, 17:28

On today's installment of Neckbeard Bonerpalooza...

That Disney+ is just swinging for the fences, huh?

Man does not live by Star Wars and Marvel alone.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-11-12, 17:41

I know I've seen Willow at one point in my life, but I have to say it isn't memorable to me.

Maybe I'll try to find it so I can refresh my memory, after watching Black Widow finally that is.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Farmiga

2021-11-12, 17:56

I've never seen it either. But I have some friends who think it hung the moon, so I know they're excited by the news.

I never really got into that type of stuff - olden times, wizards, monsters, spells, swords/bow-and-arrows, fantasy, talking animals, dragons, etc. - so there are a ton of thing my friends love that just completely bypassed me...Labyrinth, The Princess Bride, The Never-ending Story, Legend, The Dark Crystal, Ladyhawke, etc. Not to mention all the Tolkien stuff (yeah, yeah...I know).

This sort of thing ain't my bag, baby! 🤓
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-11-22, 23:22

The live action Cowboy Bebop on Netflix is as much fun as the original.

It means more if you see the anime first.

The show is extremely funky.

Ryan
Veteran Member

2021-11-22, 23:59

see you space cowboy.
Dave
Ninja Editor

2021-11-23, 03:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post

Oh? Maybe I’ll try to watch it then.

The other day I was playing something from the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack as I left the house. I let iTunes (or whatever the app is called now) keep going after the song I actually wanted to hear was done, and the next one up was the song that played over the final scene of the show, only I didn’t recognize where in the show it was from until the guitar hit. I had to pull over and recover from the unexpected flood of memories. My word that show made good use of music.

When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden... and the one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-11-28, 02:35

The new Peter Jackson documentary made from the old Let It Be footage is pretty amazing. It's nearly 8 hours of viewing, but as a fan it was really intriguing and changed some of my established opinions about the band and their relationships. I have not read any books about the break-up, so my knowledge is scant. My opinion of Yoko did change. She was incredibly, annoyingly clingy to John, but no one expressed irritation at her presence in any of the footage they showed us and Paul seemed to be accepting of her. Watching the songs transform from ideas into the established classics they are now was a treat. Knowing that they were headed toward dissolution as a group was sad, but it was inevitable and what's done is done. Seeing them together like this was a genuine treat.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Ryan
Veteran Member

2021-11-28, 22:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post

It's like if James Bond was still fun instead of just a suicidal Daniel Craig.

with more jazz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-D9LrFJd4