AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

AVP *spoilers*/review

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
AVP *spoilers*/review
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-08-13, 02:23

So I went to see the movie tonight, with very, very low expectations. To keep from ruining things early on, let me just say that it was actually pretty decent through about 95% of the movie.

Yeah, some parts were cheesy/lame, but they were offset by some pretty cool scenes in kind. Overall it was making it a movie I'd be willing to see again.

*spoilers*

right up until the end. the end sucked. the last three minutes of that film were so retarded i just basically killed the main part for me. kill off the last three minutes, hell, you could just cut the film and turn the lights on, and i'd give the movie a B+ for an action flick. throw in those last three minutes and it ends up a low C-.

first, they rip off the end of the second predator flick in this one. i mean, yeah, it was cool that first time, but to whore out the entire sequence again? what's the point?

then, they seemed to stop paying attention to any details in the last few minutes. first something's in her left hand, then right, then left again. back and forth, no end in sight. a lot of little details started to fall apart at the end.

then there's the whole cheeseball *you can hunt with me* attitude the predator has. sorry, not going to happen. at best she could have hoped to just be left alone. when he makes weapons for her? stupid.

i also have to wonder about the whole predalien that hatches at the end. if the predator can see what's inside other bodies, he should have known about it in his own. not to mention you'd think the other predators would have looked at him before bringing him on board. then there was the massive trauma his gut underwent at the hands of the queen. wouldn't think that would be too good for the baby alien.

however, my favorite part was that they left her there, in antartica, with no food, no water, no warm clothes, and no one to pilot the boat. she's as good as dead. that's funny.

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
Argento
I puked at work.
Because I'm a pussy.

2004-08-13, 02:40

Greatest movie ever. All hail predator.
stoo

2004-08-13, 07:38

Quote:
however, my favorite part was that they left her there, in antartica, with no food, no water, no warm clothes, and no one to pilot the boat. she's as good as dead. that's funny.
At least it's not nicked from The Thing.