User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Macbook's Day This Tuesday!!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Macbook's Day This Tuesday!!!
MacMan05

2006-05-05, 13:42

According to Think Secret, sources have nailed down next Tuesday, May 9 as introduction day for the Intel- based Macbooks.

Anybody excited out there!

Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-05-05, 13:43

According to AppleNova, there's already a thread discussing the MacBook where this has been mentioned already.

http://forums.applenova.com/showthre...671#post339671

Impressive.

MacMan05

2006-05-05, 13:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgriz
According to AppleNova, there's already a thread discussing the MacBook where this has been mentioned already, jackass.
Excuse the hell out of me!!

Zodiac
Shiny, Musky, Fleshy Member

2006-05-05, 13:48

OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK BARBEQUE?

Sweet.

Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-05-05, 13:48

Damn. Quoted before I edited, lol.

For the record, though, we are excited. Come join the other thread now.

¡Damned!

2006-05-05, 14:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgriz
Damn. Quoted before I edited, lol.

I love it when that happens.

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-05-05, 14:33

Gittin' so you caint even trus theez damn Vubulletins forums no more!

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-05-05, 14:37

Wow. MacRumors was reporting it, and Engadget mentioned a MacBook slip on Apple.com/iPod (since fixed), but knowing that ThinkSecret agrees makes me feel a lot better.

I had a feeling we'd see them before June.

MacBooks and Nintendo's E3 keynote in one day! I love this time of year.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

doublem9876

Send a message via AIM to doublem9876  
2006-05-05, 14:44

and while we're at it, can we please take the apostrophe out of this thread title?

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-05-05, 14:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem9876
and while we're at it, can we please take the apostrophe out of this thread title?
I can see why you would think that it's incorrect, but it could also be correct, depending on how you interpret it.

What really needs to be fixed, however, is the lowercase "b" in "MacBooks."

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong

rasmits
rams it

2006-05-05, 15:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman
but knowing that ThinkSecret agrees makes me feel a lot better.
Even after the DVR, touch-screen iPod, and Aperture stories?

I'm losing faith in the entire Mac Rumors web, I'm afraid. I'll believe this MacBook when I see it.

(Not that a MacBook is as unthinkable as a MacTablet. I'm sure it's inevitable at some point, but I'm just saying)

You had me at asl

PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2006-05-05, 15:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmits

I'm losing faith in the entire Mac Rumors web, I'm afraid. I'll believe this MacBook when I see it.

(Not that a MacBook is as unthinkable as a MacTablet. I'm sure it's inevitable at some point, but I'm just saying)
I think its a solid rumor, since Appleinsider also agrees.

miniuser

2006-05-05, 15:21

I think the rumor might be true. The Apple V Apple decision is supposed to be on Monday. So I'll bet Apple wants to cause a distration away from that. If the decison is against Apple it'll take the focus of them that they lost. If they win, it'll be twice as good, so it's probably the best time for them to release the Macbook.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something involving the iPod soon, if Apple wins on Monday. I think Apple has been quiet on purpose while the jury was still out.

usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2006-05-05, 16:03

the problem is even after it gets released i will probably wait for their second shipment to order one. with all these mbp problems i am worried..

SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2006-05-05, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniuser
I think the rumor might be true. The Apple V Apple decision is supposed to be on Monday. So I'll bet Apple wants to cause a distration away from that. If the decison is against Apple it'll take the focus of them that they lost. If they win, it'll be twice as good, so it's probably the best time for them to release the Macbook.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something involving the iPod soon, if Apple wins on Monday. I think Apple has been quiet on purpose while the jury was still out.
That's ridiculous! They'll release the new MacBook because they're ready to go, not to deflect the result of a lawsuit that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. It's high profile because of the litigants, not because of the possible outcome. Coincidence nothing more. Even if Apple loses they take the logo off iTMS & iTunes and maybe lose a little cash.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"

Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-05-05, 17:40

Yeah...I think people are blowing the "Apple v. Apple" case out of proportion. Apple is not "laying low" until the case is decided, they're not postponing any products, and they're certainly not advertising the iPod any less because of it.

To say that they're delaying the MacBook until the case is decided is absurd.

blakbyrd

Send a message via AIM to blakbyrd  
2006-05-05, 18:10

WOO!!!111oneoneone

JayReding

2006-05-05, 18:13

When I came in to buy my iMac this morning, the sales guy mentioned that the MacBook was coming on Tuesday - they already have all the sales materials in the store and ready to go.

Now, the choice is do I get a MacBook or a MacBook Pro before starting law school in August?

Ghost2

2006-05-05, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmits

Same here.

JayReding

2006-05-05, 18:54

I wonder if someone at Apple doesn't want people to know the MacBooks are coming. Rumors are one thing, but a web site leak like that is a pretty good sign that there's going to be an official product called the "MacBook" - and it's coming soon. We've already had web leaks like that for iLife '06 this year which revealed the existence of iWeb.

It would seem to me that these sudden "clues" to upcoming products on Apple's web site are either caused by some seriously bad admins, or are a way of building buzz and "teasing" the public...

SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2006-05-05, 19:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayReding
It would seem to me that these sudden "clues" to upcoming products on Apple's web site are either caused by some seriously bad admins, or are a way of building buzz and "teasing" the public...
It doesn't take much to tease you guys......

Wrao
Yarp

2006-05-05, 19:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayReding
Not the public, just the rumor hawks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Apple intentionally or mostly intentionally lets slip minute details about future products in their websites and the likes. Obviously the g5 specs being revealed before they were released was a big fuck up, but in general, little things like that... Apple knows that the rumor community is fairly large and intense and that they're the only ones that really care. It doesn't really hurt their sales either way to let slip something as small as "macbook".

Of course, if that were the case, the rumor sites, by now, would be combing Apple.com and all associated pages constantly looking for clues, and it would have already become something of a 'tradition' by now. So, they probably are just fuck-ups. Still though, I don't think anyone can really deny that Apple has a semi-subversive way of introducing new features or products that often fall alongside the official release of such things.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-05-05, 20:11

As pointed out in the first reply to this thread, there's already a lengthy discussion about the iBook/MacBook. Please continue there.

Thanks!