User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Is Wednesday the New Tuesday?!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Is Wednesday the New Tuesday?!
dougiemac

2005-09-20, 14:46

Does the ROKR phone and Nano debut on Wednesday indicate a shift to Wednesday releases?! Will we see those rumored PMacs tomorrow?
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2005-09-20, 14:58

Rumored Power Macs?

No way in hell, if Jobs was going to announced dual core Power Macs, he would have had a keynote for them - or at least announced them at his Q&A today.

Rumored Powerbooks?

It has crossed my mind that Apple still might update them this week - Apple has updated products on more than just Tuesdays - but that's probably just wishful thinking. I highly doubt we'll see them before the end of the week, so no iPod mini for me.
The Return of the 'nut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-09-20, 15:16

no hardware for this week. they wont release new hardware when they have an expo floor full of old hardware.

expect a powermac update next week or the following week.
namachtag
Awaiting Email Confirmation

2005-09-20, 15:25

Nut you NUT.... why would they not announce them today? Just to do it next week? If they had something to show don't you think it would be at the expo?
The Return of the 'nut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-09-20, 15:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by namachtag
Nut you NUT.... why would they not announce them today? Just to do it next week? If they had something to show don't you think it would be at the expo?
no, press release updates traditionally come in the weeks following expos or major events.

look at past powermac and powerbook bumps
kscherer
Which way is up?

2005-09-20, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of the 'nut
no, press release updates traditionally come in the weeks following expos or major events.

look at past powermac and powerbook bumps
Right! Nothing big, so no wasted time or space at the Expo. No fancy banners to announce "new PowerBooks" that have minor updates. Dual Core is big enough to have some mention at a big-time press release and would have been debuted on the first day of a major event.

The products were not ready in time, so they will come in a few weeks.

I also predict that this here thread will die tomorrow.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
yasashiku

2005-09-20, 17:35

When a new product is announced, visitors expect to see or try it, right? Since the show floor and Expo Apple Store are full of current ("old") models, an announcement is unlikely this week.

There are plenty of rebates from Amazon, MacMall, and Apple that all end early in October, so next month might be more realistic.

On 10/19/04, Apple quietly introduced a single 1.8 Ghz G5. So, they've done such announcements before.

But isn't anyone concerned about the 970MP? About how long it's taken to engineer around it? Consider the high thermal and electrical requirements for the 970FX, then double them. It must be a nightmare for Apple to bring a stable, well-cooled solution to the table.. and I'll be interested to hear the Rev A experiences.