User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Happy December!! What are you getting????

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Happy December!! What are you getting????
drewprops
Space Pirate

2018-12-01, 00:33

I am getting some new SOCKS!!

Some new shirts as well!!

I may get some inexpensive Nikes at the outlet store, but I'll pronounce them like "Mikes" to annoy the staff.

I'm almost out of deodorant.

What are you planning on getting?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2018-12-01, 16:25

A good night's sleep
¡Damned!

2018-12-01, 16:38

Glasses, apparently. Started to get a little fuzz around the edges and went to a doc to get the 'ol peepers checked. Just for reading & screen time, but still.

3 decades of staring into boxes of light will do that I guess.

So it goes.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2018-12-02, 15:28

Picked out a new mattress during black Friday deals, which is getting delivered today. Should be a huge upgrade after years of languishing on an very old one, I'm too embarrassed to say how old at that.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2018-12-04, 10:47

I bought snow boots in the Black Friday sales. Never really needed them before, but then I moved to Ontario.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2018-12-04, 12:59

Logitech (aka Logi) MX Vertical ergonomic mouse! Us olduns gotta watch out for the dreaded R.S.I!!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2018-12-04, 19:19

The inescapable realization that medical care costs are accelerating at a faster pace than my salary as I age.

At least here in the land of the free. I can't handle how great America is again.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2018-12-04, 22:55

I got myself a new NAS. I've been needing to upgrade mine for a long time and finally jumped on the NAS and HDD sales out there.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2018-12-05, 11:24

I bought myself a new iPad Pro (but traded in two old iPhones and my previous iPad Pro, so not really spending much money)

We don’t usually do big Christmas presents. We just go on vacations instead, mostly to avoid family.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
DoratheSith

2018-12-11, 03:49

Hope I get new joys, new beginnings new experiences. But honestly, all I want for Christmas is Apple Watch Series 4. Does anyone want to be my secret Santa?
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2018-12-21, 01:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I can't handle how great America is again.
Yeah it's going tremendously well isn't it?
Dr. Bobsky

2018-12-21, 18:41

Personality cults are odd. We created Trump, fed him with our obsession for unrelenting douchebaggery, then put him into office just in time to watch the world burn. He's the man of our time -- vapid, self-absorbed, flighty, simultaneously a trend setter and spineless demagogue. He's us extracted to absolute purity -- running headlong into oblivion.

I feel sorry for the people who voted for him. Pity really. The next decades will be horrific, I suspect. And they will wake up every day and recognize their singular, democratically approved contribution to the acceleration of that horror. Whatever moral contortions they had to engage in to get themselves to support Trump will only accentuate their regret and pain. They will know they deserve every last ounce of hell his election brought.

My december is going swimmingly -- this week was rejection week for faculty jobs. Yay! Unemployed, overused, PhD scientist seeking a life to fill the void he created by a singular focus on intellectual development of himself and others.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2018-12-21, 18:47

I got myself an Apple Watch (series 3) for the holidays when Walmart had it for $229.
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2019-01-08, 00:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
My december is going swimmingly -- this week was rejection week for faculty jobs. Yay! Unemployed, overused, PhD scientist seeking a life to fill the void he created by a singular focus on intellectual development of himself and others.
Come to Tasmania bb.

We'll go fishing in the morning. Come home and potter around the veggie garden. Then, drink beer, eat fish and home grown veggies while we bitch about Trump until the wee small hours.

That is my life bb. You know you want it............