AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Home layout software

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Home layout software
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-01-30, 22:41

So I'm looking for something that I can plug in some dimensions and be able to see a layout of my home and then furniture in it. My kids need new items in their room and it would be nice to visualize what space is going to be used. I'm not wanting to go with a specific brand or anything like that just I have an idea of what I want.

I'm looking for something that is able to show a grid or not. Where the grid when shown can be set to specifics like 5" or 1" per block. I actually need to be able to draw at least 45 degree angles because my home has a few of those like across the fireplace.

While I would like to be able to do a "blueprint" of my house from the inside, I don't want CAD or those other really expensive titles that have a super steep learning curve.

What's out there for something like I'm after? Anyone have any ideas?

A bonus would be able to do my yard as well where I could map the utilities underground.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-01-31, 13:55

Minecraft?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-01-31, 15:41

I had actually though about that to some degree. I was thinking I could make it so one block was two inches or something like that but then it is still huge. Plus, they took away the fun world edit mods that made moving those blocks around easily.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
chinesebear

2019-02-01, 09:03

Doesn't Google Sketcher do something like that? Maybe a bit too exacting? I know that Ikea has a few online tools so you can imagine their products in your home. I personally used the Ikea one, but my needs had no 45 degree angles. :-)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-02-01, 13:48

Taking a look at SketchUp now. My only concern is giving Google more of my life's data.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-02-01, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Taking a look at SketchUp now. My only concern is giving Google more of my life's data.
You can give it to them, or they will take it from you.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2019-02-01, 16:48

Google no longer owns SketchUp, mind you.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2019-02-03, 15:14

Well that's good to know. I'd still rather not give them everything. Seems more valuable when they have to work for it.