User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 24 of 28 First Previous 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2015-09-01, 18:50

also x2: Brad, I'll be going upwards in the SE corner, so if you want a passage/dock/whatever to -A, I'd love to put one in. I can stop the elevator at that point if you want.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2015-09-01, 18:57

Last one: would anyone mind if I put an Effect Beacon in the SE corner of the Amusement Park? It shouldn't reach anyone's house besides mine. I don't need it, but it would certainly add to the fun.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-09-01, 21:12

Do what you do, man, do what you do.

Oh, and if Brad doesn't polish up that Enterprise thing in a few minutes, I'm 'tarding up there and having me a look around. Maybe leave a surprise or two.

Or three.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-09-01, 22:25

Wait, you haven't been on the Enterprise yet? Wow, I thought everyone has...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-09-01, 23:47

The only reason that I'm not playing anymore is because you wouldn't finish the amusement park.

(And because I'd like to have a dedicated gaming rig to play on.)

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-09-02, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Wait, you haven't been on the Enterprise yet? Wow, I thought everyone has...
His Bradness said "no one gets on 'till it's done." I try to "stay out" until the owner says "come on in". Hell, I haven't even explored Drew's block of dirt, yet.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
¡Damned!

2015-09-04, 13:16

Well here's a thing I never thought I'd say:

Whoever's pet Guardian, Starlord, is missing, I found him. He's in my basement.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-09-04, 15:25

I so wish he was mine!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-09-04, 22:36

¡Damned!

2015-09-21, 08:21

Pirate attack! I've been Palooza'd!

Message received loud and clear, Drew. I'll get cracking.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-09-21, 09:54

Lol
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-09-23, 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
His Bradness said "no one gets on 'till it's done." I try to "stay out" until the owner says "come on in". Hell, I haven't even explored Drew's block of dirt, yet.
I just took a few minutes to add missing doors and close off areas of the ship I won't be filling out. I'll set up a transporter pad on the surface (maybe near 709's park?) so people can get in and out of it without tard-towering their way up.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2015-09-23, 18:05

I'll be back soon hopefully. Way too many other side projects, new job, moving, yada yada...

I see someone went nuts on clearing out the desert temples again. Might need to trim things again.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-09-24, 10:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I just took a few minutes to add missing doors and close off areas of the ship I won't be filling out. I'll set up a transporter pad on the surface (maybe near 709's park?) so people can get in and out of it without tard-towering their way up.
Thanks, and glad you're alive!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-09-27, 22:23

Welp… I didn't build the surface transporter pad, but I did wire up the four transporters inside the Enterprise *and* built an observation shuttle under the saucer with a transporter. I'm going to have the ground pad transport you to the shuttle, and then the shuttle transports you to the ship. Almost there!

I will strongly encourage any visitors to bring a map or two or three. It's pretty easy to lose your bearing in the corridors and turbolift tubes.

Also... golly... I'm reminded of how much a ghost town this place is. When was the last time any of you spent any significant time on the server?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2015-09-27, 23:09

I still try to get on at least once a day but I've been absolutely buried in work lately. Should be a little more flexible in a week or so.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-09-28, 11:55

I typically spend a few hours a week. I haven't done any major projects though. So it's kinda like I run around and do basic crop tending and that kind of thing. I need to work a project though.

Edit: I'm also going to add that the server has really lacked any major playing for a while. So many players have stopped playing on this server for a varying number of reasons. At one point I was questioning leaving the server running.

So with that questioning going on I came the the very real conclusion, I'm not taking the server down in the remote near future at all. Sure I'm paying for it to run and the internet connection to it. However, I love being able to do this and allow those to come and go as they please without obligation. Kinda like AN. It isn't the wild place it was back with ThinkSecret and the Apple of old, but it's still a place where we can come and meet. I see the AN server the same way. I even jump to try to fix it if it ever crashes for any reason even though few players would ever notice.

At one point I was going to grep the logs and get an total hours logged in count but figured I had no reason to. I'm going to leave the server running anyway.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2015-09-28 at 14:02. Reason: Wanted to say more..without proofreading. :p
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2015-09-28, 19:42

I still play MC a lot, but I haven't touched vanilla outside of the BattleNovas we've done. Speaking of...I'd love to do another of those sometime soonish!

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2015-09-28, 20:52

I would play, but my poor old 2009 MBP really just can't cope. I was getting <10fps in downtown. Maybe when I get a new machine at the end of the year.

I'm interested in how these new combat changes will affect the survival aspect of the game. I enjoyed just heading out into the wilderness and starting a little homestead in the boonies.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-09-28, 22:12

I'm still only getting about 10fps in downtown and mine is a mid-2010 i7 MBP. I'm sure most of it is in the basement of an old player. Thing is, I don't really mind since I don't spend that much time in downtown. Sure it sucks while I'm there, but normally I'm just passing through.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-09-29, 11:55

RS, you should come back in long enough to at least do something with those plots of land downtown. Aren't you planning something for the rainbow colored glass floor at the corner?

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2015-09-29, 23:37

Want to, but I have so little free time right now that I'm only getting to play anything for a couple of hours a week. We're finally at the point of getting ready to move, and job promotions, and a bunch of other crazy stuff going on. Most of the things I'm doing gaming-wise are small things rather than large projects right now. Once we move, I will have a lot more free time to do other gaming projects.

Authentic Nova Scotia bagpipe innards
Dr. Bobsky

2015-09-30, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I'm still only getting about 10fps in downtown and mine is a mid-2010 i7 MBP. I'm sure most of it is in the basement of an old player. Thing is, I don't really mind since I don't spend that much time in downtown. Sure it sucks while I'm there, but normally I'm just passing through.
Wasn't the theory of tearing out my basement that things would improve (not least the schadenfreude of kicking a person who cannot defend themselves)? It's been more than a year, presumably you've had a chance to realize that the basement wasn't the issue by now...
¡Damned!

2015-10-04, 08:34

It's glorious, Brad.

I was only up there for a few minutes since I wasn't sure if it was 'officially' open yet, but holy hell what fun. You're not kidding about getting turned around... Didn't find the transporter back down, but I noped out of the shuttle bay when the computer said I may have asploded a warp core.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2015-10-09, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
I see someone went nuts on clearing out the desert temples again.
That was me.

I was kind've on a mission. Not to gather loot, but data.

There's something wonky with the regenerations and I just wanted to confirm it before the next world trim.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2015-10-10 at 08:34.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2015-12-11, 23:49

I have a potentially controversial land claim. The area I would like is beyond the proposed 1.9 crop boundary. Nothing inside the boundary meets my needs for this project, though....

Map attached: It's just South and East of Southlantic station. I need a hill, in a snow biome, with sea beyond.

What can be done here?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-12-12, 00:05

Looks good to me, Bry. No objections here, and I'll expand the list of kept chunks to include that area.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-12-12, 00:14

No objections. Just make sure we can see it from C.C. Southlantic Railways car #7 as we pass by in complete indifference.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-12-12, 00:20

So, uh, Mr. Brad:

I was just having myself a look at Tall Town and saw something that gives me the awesome-shivers.

You see, I'm a fan of tall buildings (unless you haven't figured that out by now) and noticed something going up that reminds me of a certain tower with a bit of "101" going on.

Woo and Hoo!

If you build it, they will come!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2015-12-12, 02:22

I told you I was going to be drawing inspiration from real-world buildings!