User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Digital Letterhead Printing (or PDF merging)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Digital Letterhead Printing (or PDF merging)
Gargoyle
http://ga.rgoyle.com

2008-01-09, 16:01

Does anyone know if its possible to "save as PDF" onto a letterhead and get the result as if you had printed something on a real letterhead....

Or, to put it more simply, merge two pdf pages (separate files) so that one is behind the other?

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!
jcoley2
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to jcoley2  
2008-01-09, 18:16

I assume this is for business? I am not sure I follow your question--are you trying to save say a business memo on your letterhead and then be able to PDF it?

Now that I got a job, I can buy more Apple products!
Gargoyle

2008-01-09, 18:28

Nope. I already have my letterhead as a PDF. So when I print an invoice, I print off a blank letterhead, feed it back through the printer and print the invoice over the top.

I want to do the same thing with PDFs so I can email nice looking invoices instead of boring blank ones.

OK, I have given up keeping this sig up to date. Lets just say I'm the guy that installs every latest version as soon as its available!
apple007
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-01-09, 18:58

Why not just create a template on which to create the invoices? Or is your stationery too complicated/fancy for that? (This is what I do, but my company stationery is black and white and only has a simple logo plus contact info. on top.)
Gargoyle

2008-01-09, 19:38

I can do that for documents I create like Pages, etc. The accounts software only lets me add an image at the top and bottom, and the resolution is very low so it always looks naff once the PDF has been created.

screensaver400
Veteran Member

2008-01-13, 12:00

I think this would be pretty tough to accomplish. I think that PDFs have white backgrounds (as opposed to transparent ones), so if you were to simply lay the invoice over the letterhead, the letterhead would be covered up by the white background of the invoice.

You'd probably be looking at taking an invoice PDF, cropping it somehow to remove the white sections that would cover the letterhead stuff, converting it to an image, and placing it in the middle of a letterhead PDF. You might be able to do it with some Automator/AppleScript voodoo and Acrobat Pro, but I think it'd be pretty involved.