User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Can't unsubscribe via Thread Tools

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Can't unsubscribe via Thread Tools
tsa

2009-10-05, 21:40

Every now and then I want to unsubscribe to a certain thread. The easiest way to do that is to use the Thread Tools button on top of each 'thread page' in the forum. However, even though I am subscribed to the thread, there is always the option 'Subscribe to this thread' and never 'Unsubscribe to this thread.' Do other people have the same issue and is it fixable?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-10-05, 21:53

I like the idea but have always just gone to the Subscription option in my User CP. It would be a nice change, but I only unsubscribe about once a month at most.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
tsa

2009-10-07, 08:31

Why does nobody seem to take my complaint seriously? On all the other fora I'm a member of that run the same softare it works, except here.
SpecMode
Wait what

2009-10-07, 08:50

It's not that nobody takes your complaint seriously. Don't forget, the admins have day jobs - they'll get to it when they get the chance. Making petulant demands ("It works on other boards, why isn't this already fixed here?") is not the way to go about things over here. Patience and courtesy go a long way.

In the meantime, know that you do still have the ability to unsubscribe to threads (via the User CP), it'll just take you a few extra clicks to do so.
tsa

2009-10-07, 09:44

Sorry, I didn't mean it like a demand. I was more surprised that there wasn't an message that said something like 'I'll look into it.' But you're right, I was a bit too early with my remark.
SpecMode
Wait what

2009-10-07, 10:00

Eh, it happens. It's only been a day, after all - I'm sure that the Powers That Be will notice, and let us know when a fix may be in order (or a good justification for not doing so, if that be the case).

On a slightly related tangent, I just spent a good part of the last hour going through my list of subscribed threads, starting with the oldest back in 2006. I used to post a lot more often back then, methinks. (I've been posting a lot lately, though. I guess that comes with actually having reliable Internet and actually being able to go home every day to use it.)