Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Bring Out Your Dead! (Who's sick?)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Bring Out Your Dead! (Who's sick?)
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-02-25, 20:41

I'm down with the epizootus, been sidelined since Wednesday. Finally went to the Doctor today and was prescribed 4000Mg/day of Augmentin and a 1000Mg/day chaser of pseudoedephrine (sp?) for a ten day stint. Who else is nasty ass sick?

I feel all Jack-ish.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Wrao
Yarp

2005-02-25, 20:53

I was very sick last monday, tuesday and wednesday. Then I recovered mostly, but still wasn't at 100% capacity till recently, as I was left with a gnarly lingering cough. Now I'm just homesick, and lovesick.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-02-25, 21:00

I know that you guys already have a lovesick thread, but did you go to the Doctor for the body sick part? I'm really curious to know if my prescription is off the charts or normal!

Captain Drew on Twitter
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-02-25, 21:01

I'm getting over a long cold. Hope you feel better.

Last edited by Maciej : 2005-02-25 at 21:02. Reason: profanity. :o
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-02-25, 21:03

It sounds like a lot, but I don't know what Epizootis is and a CDC search brings up nothing sooo... can't comment.
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2005-02-25, 21:10

wait'll you have children, in winter the entire house becomes a TB ward.
one with cough, one with pink eye (which means they'll all get it)
and I'm drinking Airborne every three hours.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-02-25, 21:19

Epizootus is a southern term for a nasty cold... not sure of the origins. I should go Googling. Hey Jimmy James, what's Airborne? Looks like it's spelled Epizootis and is French for Influenza. Okay, I don't think I have the flu - it's just nasty, nasty sinusitis.

Captain Drew on Twitter
EmC

2005-02-25, 21:46

I've had something nasty all week, just now feeling better. I missed class all week. Both of my parents have had it too. My mom is the only one who went to the doctor, they gave her allegra??WTF?? Here's to not being old enough or feeble enough to be eligible for a flu shot.

What Adobe Updater‽ What‽ What‽ WHAT‽
ohara
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-02-25, 22:11

I don't get sick, physically

That doesn't mean I have extreme hypochondria, however.

Diseases I've thought to have had include:

Full-blown AIDS
Syphilis
Some heart defect that only babies can get
IBS
Anemia
Hyperthyroidism
Type 2 Diabetes
and many more...
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-02-25, 22:21

Yeah, knowing the symptoms of a disease is a double-edged sword if you're susceptible to suggestion. That's a terrible list of scares.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-02-25, 23:11

"They dressed me up this way..."

"Is this true?"

"No! Noooo! Welll. Yes.... a bit."

Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-02-25, 23:27

I caught some nasty bug about ten days ago. Bones ached, fever, throat red roar, felt perpetually tired. Normally, I'm a no medication type of guy, but on the third day (after having lost about 3kg and no sign of improvement in my throat or cough) I was handed a bunch of drugs (Chinese medication) and told to get them into me.

My favourite natural remedy: a hot ginger, chilli, cayenne pepper, garlic, lemon and honey drink was not enough to help me out on this one.

I sort of think the cold (or whatver the hell it was) ran its course - but I have this tickle and cough that I still can't shake.
Wrao
Yarp

2005-02-25, 23:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+
I caught some nasty bug about ten days ago. Bones ached, fever, throat red roar, felt perpetually tired. Normally, I'm a no medication type of guy, but on the third day (after having lost about 3kg and no sign of improvement in my throat or cough) I was handed a bunch of drugs (Chinese medication) and told to get them into me.

those were my exact symptoms from my winter funk last week. I guess that was about ten days ago as well. We were both bed ridden with the same nasty blues. Well, all that jazz is gone now, I'm feeling solid as a rock. I'm sick of the city though, I need to go back to the country, with golden landscapes and bluegrass. Well, that's the classical interpretation at least, I don't really live in the country, I mean it's not like I lack TECHNOlogy or anything.

wow.... this post has been absolutely ridiculous!

seriously though, I don't like medication much either. I like to beat sickness on my own terms. Though, cough drops are definitely nice when you have a wicked cough.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-02-26, 00:30

Wrao I think going from an Australian Summer to a Chinese Winter didn't help. At first, I was all robust and resilient. I noticed others on campus had caught this cough and were laid out for a day or two, but I felt super strong and on top of it all.

But then I had to complete some Uni work and I found myself getting stressed, staying up late in a room where the heating was not working properly (too much to do, not able to just go to bed) and generally running myself into the ground.

Whereas they all managed to shake the bug within two to three days (they took medication too mind you), mine stuck around for about a week and knocked me about pretty heavily. Aside from the tickle in the chest, I'm all fine now ... but I haven't been able to shake it totally.

PS - I also like to beat colds on my own terms, but when I realised I wasn't doing any good, I acquiesced and took the medication.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-02-26, 00:50

What medication? Its a cold!
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-02-26, 01:31

Walgreen's generic version of Robetussian got me through my worst week. The damn thing was off and on for about 6 weeks, with two major flareups.

I think everyone I know has has it at least once this season.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-02-26, 06:04

The drugs are for preventing infection, not curing the cold. When your throat is sore from sinus drainage its a short putt to infection. My lingual tonsils are swollen and my uvula has some slight ulceration.

Captain Drew on Twitter
ohara
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-02-26, 08:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops
The drugs are for preventing infection, not curing the cold. When your throat is sore from sinus drainage its a short putt to infection. My lingual tonsils are swollen and my uvula has some slight ulceration.
Because I'm no doctor of physic, I had to re-look up "uvula"!

Didn't make sense in the context of the throat!

Now I will stop thinking that uvula refers to a woman's "nether regions".

Thanks, Drew, for the gaffe you've prevented me from having!
fosterhere

2005-02-26, 08:27

Father to a 7 year old in public school in February, need I say more - Cough.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-02-26, 09:17

Mac+,

Hope you didn't have that new strain of the Avian Flu that I heard people fretting about... sounds pretty nasty whatever it was. Be careful over there.