User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

MobileMe: Hasn't "Backup" been v. 3.2 for over a year?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MobileMe: Hasn't "Backup" been v. 3.2 for over a year?
cosus
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to cosus Send a message via AIM to cosus Send a message via MSN to cosus Send a message via Yahoo to cosus Send a message via Skype™ to cosus 
2010-06-02, 09:55

I personally liked backup and for a period of time couldn't find it until today. Anyway, says been re-released this year from 3.1.1 to 3.2. Have they actually upgraded this product? Did they take it away and return it? Albeit, I can't see any changes, but I guess upgraded for Snow Leopard. Still, it seemed to just disappear and there was no mention of the product on MobileMe's repertoire. Today I look, and voila!

Well, it still need a lot of work, but it's saved my ass a couple times.

Retired 8 years ahead of schedule.
nikstar101
Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nikstar101  
2010-06-03, 05:04

Last time i check the update removed features from Backup. As in the orignial veriosn you used to be able to backup anything on your computer (any file on any drive). Now you can only backup things in your user folder.

I guess that is to try and get people using Time Machine.