Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Yahoo! Auctions is total crap

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Yahoo! Auctions is total crap
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-01-19, 17:42

Not that anyone would have disputed this in the first place, but I came across this today:

Link

So this person is selling an iPod mini for $330. Good for them. Now someone asks a question offering to pay a ridiculously high sum using Western Union and offering a local pickup.

It's just... so... stupid! Nearly every auction there is a study in incompetence. I see iPods with pictures that don't match the specs, and a price that is above a brand new one. It sucks because eBay knows that they have a monopoly on worthwhile online auctions, and of course they're taking advantage of it by price-gouging people.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-01-19, 19:04

Online auctions are pissing me off royally. The latest ebay scam by sellers is to offer a low price on something and then absolutely RAPE you on shipping. I was shopping for some Shure e2c headphones last week. I found a pair with a BIN price of $50. Great! I thought. I checked the shipping and "handling" and it was $25. WTF?!? Of course, it's a good way for them to avoid paying high ebay fees but it sucks.

"Shipping and handling"? What the hell does that entail? It's a ripoff. I only ever charge actual shipping. That's how it should be.
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-01-19, 19:10

Trust me, the shipping charge rape is going to get worse. Much worse. People are going to be looking for ways to compensate for eBay doubling their goddamn fees.
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2005-01-19, 21:52

Did they send out e-mails on this? I just saw the message once I logged into eBay. At least fees on selling most general items haven't changed all that much.