COVID-19 Outbreak

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
COVID-19 Outbreak
Page 18 of 18 First Previous 14 15 16 17 [18]  Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2021-04-19, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Got my first jab a couple of days ago with my second scheduled for the 19th, and Anna's age/health group gets called up starting this Monday. So, yeah, starting to see that glimmer of light coming from the end of the tunnel.
All Pfizered up and ready to go. Anna's second dose is scheduled for end of month. Experiencing some small bits of hope recently, a feeling that really took a fucking beating these last years.

So it goes.
Kickaha
Likes his boobies blue.

2021-04-20, 02:03

*nod* My wife (heavily immune compromised) gets her second Moderna next Monday, the boys and I four days later on Friday.

I don't have anything approaching 'hope' yet, but it's a slightly less constant state of belief that our species is determined to commit suicide.

I mean, I'm still certain our society is, but the species *might* make it.

My other brain is hung like a horse too.
#IRC isn't old school.
Old school is being able to say 'finger me' with a straight face.
drewprops
Bastard

2021-04-24, 08:20

This morning somebody chided me for being in "Pandemic Menopause", a hilarious-yet-jarring assessment of the content I'm posting (unexpectedly entering into an argument with a menopausal mom I had a thing with 20 years ago).

Now, this guy hasn't know me for all that long, so I am pretty sure that he's assigned me FAR MORE COOL than I actually possess and may in fact may be transferring his own pandemic menopause onto me.

Thing is, it's a still a bit of a wake-up call.

How do we make it through pandemic menopause?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-04-24, 16:07

Enlighten me, what on earth is "Pandemic Menopause"?

I did manage to get the first step done for getting my vaccine, I was able to register for booking this week. Not sure when I'll actually be able to book for getting it though.
Kickaha
Likes his boobies blue.

2021-04-30, 12:43

Moderna #2 yesterday.

Woke up feeling like I'd been a piñata at a MLB celebration party. Jesus. I've been less sore after a motorcycle wreck.

Mild fever (100+), the kids are running 101.4 and 102.1, but apparently my body decided I needed to age 30 years.

But HALLEFRICKINGLUJAH, assuming my wife's immune system catches the clue and she tests positive for antibodies in three weeks, I can finally let out this breath I've been holding since Jan 2020.

#IRC isn't old school.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2021-04-30, 13:47

In Canada, things are a little slow but my wife and I managed to get our first shot of AstraZeneca last week. It turned out that it was one of the batch that the US sent up here, so thanks America!

(Now please finish your people so you can ship us some more of that sweet, sweet vaccine. It's in your interest too...)

I had next to no side effects but my wife has a full-on "COVID arm" with a big red goose egg on her arm.
Dr. Bobsky

2021-05-02, 11:45

I had waves of fever the day after my first AZ shot... I also suspect I had the virus back in Dec 2019, so this might just be my immune system saying "oh, hell no."
tomoe
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to tomoe  
2021-05-02, 20:13

I received my second Pfizer shot yesterday morning and have felt normal since. Tiny bit of shoulder soreness but that’s it.
drewprops
Bastard

2021-05-02, 20:24

Just saw this article claiming that researchers at Salk have confirmed that it's primarily a vascular disease.

https://scitechdaily.com/covid-19-is...ellular-level/

Kickaha
Likes his boobies blue.

2021-05-03, 01:11

Hello nurse, that's a big leap forward if it pans out.

So. Funny story. That 'day after update' down there? Sweet jesus, was I premature. The fever hit that night, 18 hrs after the boys. Theirs had already broken by the time mine set in. 102.4, but with the aches and pains from hell, and then, AND THEN, the septic rectal cherry on top of the spastic colon sundae... the lymph nodes in my armpit of the injection arm swelled up like golf balls. Seriously, several golf ball sized lumps, I couldn't lie on that side obviously, but I couldn't even lay on my other side, because the weight of the arm made them painful. Finally, after hours of sweating and shivering and not sleeping and tossing and turning and cursing everything from granola to god, (I'm sorry granola, I didn't mean it, we're good), it occurred to me to put a &*($@$ pillow between my arm and side to keep it from compressing Satan's own armpit, and sweet sweet oblivion took me. Sat was a few upright hours of confusion, woke up this morning mostly back to normal, with my armpit no longer trying to go all Tetsuo Shima on me.

Go go gadget immune function?

#IRC isn't old school.
Dr. Bobsky

2021-05-08, 00:52

So the WHO and CDC finally, publically, acknowledge that Covid-19 is airborne, that this is its primary means of transmission, that hand washing and surface rinsing, while a good idea in general anyway, aren't really going to prevent you from getting the disease if you walk into a room where folks with it have been.

Ah well. Perhaps next time, we'll just start with this as the assumption and scale back the response if it turns out to be false...
drewprops
Bastard

2021-05-08, 04:47

I've been fully vaxxed for nearly 2 months now and last night mom wanted to dine out for the first time in more than a year. Long story short, our squat, wheezy, cigarette-scented brand new not-very-good waitress didn't wear a mask. We stayed and ate, but that was a Covid-sharing moment and I think that mom's desire to return to normal has been tamped.

Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-05-08, 07:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
Ah well. Perhaps next time, we'll just start with this as the assumption and scale back the response if it turns out to be false...
Write this down somewhere those navigating the Great Pandemic of 2119 will remember to do that.