User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Double iTunes playback! Weird (but funny)...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Double iTunes playback! Weird (but funny)...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-01-03, 18:42

The last song I listened to in iTunes was Dick Dale's "Misirlou" last night. I sat down a few moments ago and hit the little playback head in the status window to throw it back to the middle of the song.

"Misirlou" kicks in (right where that trumpet solo begins), but the status text reads "Loretta Lynn: Miss Being Mrs."

Sure enough, her voice starts singing, right over the Dick Dale tune (which never stopped). It went for a full 30-40 seconds, until I hit the back arrow.

One of those weird, "happy accidents". I didn't know that could happen (been using iTunes since the day it came out, and I've never had that happen...go figure). I've spent the past few minutes trying to recreate it, but I can't. As soon as I select a song, whatever's currently playing stops.

For a brief, shining moment the King of Surf Guitar and the Queen of Country Music were making beautiful - yet a bit freaky and disjointed - music together.

No, I've not been drinking...
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2007-01-03, 19:00

I got that a few times listening to internet radio. 2 different stations for a while. I thought it was a streaming buffer problem.

Cool anyways.

I also like that strange Dock bug where it doesn't raise and only the tops of icons show up. That is fun. Like bopping gophers on their heads.

^^ One more quality post from the desk of Ebby. ^^
SSBA | SmockBogger | SporkNET
Majost
monkey with a tiny cymbal

2007-01-03, 20:11

For about a week before my iPod's HD completely crashed, it would randomly splice two second snippets of other songs into the current song. It was pretty wild.

I wouldn't panic about the state of your HD, though... it sounds like what Ebby suggested - a buffering snafu. Were you using AirTunes? I've had some weird stuff happen that way, too.