User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

New Apple UK stores?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
New Apple UK stores?
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2006-03-06, 11:36

According to Apple Insider, Apple are considering opening 20 more stores in the UK - a huge increase.

Quote:
The report speculates that Glasgow and Edinburgh may be two cities in which Apple hopes to make inroads -- a move that would pit Apple-owned stores in head-on competition with Scotsys's own independent retail stores in those regions.
This is the part I'm happy about in particular

About the point being raised about Scotsys; Scotsys is the main Apple reseller in Scotland, and is one of three main places to buy Apple in Edinburgh (The others being PC World (ew), and John Lewis, a department store) As quoted, Apple opening their own store would have a massive impact on Scotsys. Have Apple in the past refrained from opening new stores for the benefit of resellers, or is it more likely that they'll just go ahead and do it?
wecallitfall

2006-03-06, 12:08

i hope so!

come to chester!

a new store in the arndale, Manchester is coming soon, as job vacancies are posted at apple.com/uk
Chris Turnbull

2006-03-06, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbulentfurball
According to Apple Insider, Apple are considering opening 20 more stores in the UK - a huge increase.
Quote:
The report speculates that Glasgow and Edinburgh may be two cities in which Apple hopes to make inroads -- a move that would pit Apple-owned stores in head-on competition with Scotsys's own independent retail stores in those regions.
This is the part I'm happy about in particular

About the point being raised about Scotsys; Scotsys is the main Apple reseller in Scotland, and is one of three main places to buy Apple in Edinburgh (The others being PC World (ew), and John Lewis, a department store) As quoted, Apple opening their own store would have a massive impact on Scotsys. Have Apple in the past refrained from opening new stores for the benefit of resellers, or is it more likely that they'll just go ahead and do it?
Scotsys is great but I would love an Apple Store in Edinburgh. having Scotsys and John Lewis (resellers) and an Apple store would make for very competative prices in the capital well, i hope!

where would/could they put a store though, Princess street?

Standing at the crossroads of morality, watching Penn & Teller.
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2006-03-06, 14:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Turnbull
where would/could they put a store though, Princess street?
It's got to be! (I work on Princes Street) The old Burger King? I don't think there's anything in it yet! Can't think where else would be big enough. Apple Insider claim that they won't be the mini store format, so it's got to be a big site.

I'm already excited!
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2006-03-06, 14:29

John Lewis is a great place to buy your mac. They have salespeople who know a bit about them, and the prices are really good, you can also get backstock. I say if you havent got an Apple store nearby, dont hesitate to go to John Lewis.
*Joe*

Send a message via AIM to *Joe* Send a message via MSN to *Joe*  
2006-03-06, 15:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by farenheit
John Lewis is a great place to buy your mac. They have salespeople who know a bit about them, and the prices are really good, you can also get backstock. I say if you havent got an Apple store nearby, dont hesitate to go to John Lewis.
John lewis also give an extra year of warrenty for free on all electronic products, they have been doing it for years and it is worth it. Remember, they are never knowingly undersold so if you find your mac cheaper somewhere else then John Lewis will match the price
turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

2006-03-06, 15:28

Are you two on commission?

iCraig

2006-03-07, 19:38

Hmmm, anyone got a link to the Jobs going at the Manchester Arndale store? All I can find on Apples website is a managers position.

Also with talk of all these stores opening isn't it going to affect the Apple Centres we have in the UK? For one GBM in Manchester where I purchased all my Mac good prior to the Apple Store in the Trafford Centre opened are now struggling I believe and have had to diversify into other areas.
Ireland
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-03-07, 19:44

I hope you lads get the stores your looking for.

Not one fuckin' store in Ireland yet. Give Ireland an apple store!!!
iCraig

2006-03-07, 19:49

It is quite weird Apple have yet to open a store in Ireland. Especially since their European HQ is in Cork.
Ireland
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-03-07, 20:58

I know yea, it is isn't it!

There's a Cork online store, but no physical store! We're running out of patience here!!
revolution

Send a message via AIM to revolution  
2006-03-13, 19:27

An official Apple Store in Nottingham would be fantastic!! Nottingham seems to have just about every other shop Apple might as well complete the city!!
mattf

2006-03-27, 06:18

The latest Think Secret article mentions that the Manchester Arnadale and Southampton stores will be open before the end of the fiscal year (as well as some other, non-important, stores across the water). Still no mention of a Scottish store
Gizzer

2006-03-27, 06:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattf
The latest Think Secret article mentions that the Manchester Arnadale and Southampton stores will be open before the end of the fiscal year (as well as some other, non-important, stores across the water). Still no mention of a Scottish store
Yeah, I'm pleased about the Southampton store - finally one on the South coast

...Mind you I'm not sure what my credit card will have to say about that "Ker-ching!"