Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Peculiar Police activity on the freeway last night

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Peculiar Police activity on the freeway last night
Wrao
Yarp

2007-08-19, 14:27

At around 2 in the morning, I was driving home, I was on a stretch of freeway that is generally unpopulated even during rush hour(which is saying something for a stretch of southern californian highway). But, traffic got stopped to a complete standstill for almost 15 minutes.

The pack of cars caught in the standstill were being lead by a police car with its lights on, driving at about 2 MPH in spurts.

After about 5 minutes, I noticed a police helicopter circling overheard with its spotlight turned down over the scene.

Eventually, the police set-up their perimeter or whatever and were able to let cars through.

As I passed, I tried to peer over and see what was going on, but all I could see was about a dozen officers with flashlights, a half a dozen squad cars, and nothing else. No EMT, no Tow trucks, no fire engines(suggesting it was not an accident).

My guess is a police chase/fugitive/armed goon, or possibly a suspicious vehicle parked off the road(I did not see any crashed vehicles, but it is likely there was something over the rail)