Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: spawn ≠ 0,0?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: spawn ≠ 0,0?
arteggio

2011-04-27, 12:09

Have the poles shifted?

This might not warrant a thread (there may be something about XYZ coordinates I don't know about), but can anyone else confirm where XZ 0,0 is for them?

I ask because, for me, it is next to a tree trunk on my boulevard within Furronia. I walked out to the real spawnpoint and its coordinates were -163, 313.

At first I thought it was because the beds must reset the coordinates from the perspective of each player, but not only do I have no beds near 0,0, I slept in the spawn safehouse bed and my coordinates didn't change. I even logged out and restarted the launcher for good measure.

I discovered this because I was about to dig a mine SW of the spawn under the center of my town. Then I did a double-take, because I was already standing at W-E 0, practically along the center of my boulevard...

As far as I know the current spawn is the spawn that existed before Bridgeport was even built up, so I don't suppose Brad relocated the spawn to its current place from my area? Even with relocation, I would assume 0,0 moves with the spawn.

When I was setting the center coordinates for Furronia in the very beginning a month or two ago, I remember having to do the math between negative and positive numbers from N-S and W-E, so 0,0 has been there since before 1.4 I think.

Something seems fishy.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-04-27, 12:10

Nothing fishy: Spawn is at the nearest desert/beach area to 0,0...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-27, 12:14

Spawn has never been 0,0 on our map. I think 0,0 has always been southwest of spawn.
arteggio

2011-04-27, 12:14

Really, beach-deserts? That has to be the most peculiar thing I didn't know about MC spawnpoints.

If that's all there is to it, someone can delete this thread if its space on the server is unworthy. Or marvel at my ignorance, whichever.

The desert...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-27, 12:17

From an old map on which I had generated some coordinates...

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-27, 12:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Nothing fishy: Spawn is at the nearest desert/beach area to 0,0...
Not always. In some worlds, I've spawned in the middle of a forest or field.
arteggio

2011-04-27, 12:21

Well, does SW resource-abundant mining start exactly SW of 0,0 (as in, 1,1)? I think Bryson went far out for good measure, but I was wanting to stay within my border...
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-04-27, 13:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Not always. In some worlds, I've spawned in the middle of a forest or field.
Weird I have ALWAYS spawned on sand...
¡Damned!

2011-04-27, 15:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteggio View Post
Well, does SW resource-abundant mining start exactly SW of 0,0 (as in, 1,1)? I think Bryson went far out for good measure, but I was wanting to stay within my border...
That whole train of thought is kind've weird anyway. Yes, SW has the *most* assets, but NW has a negligible amount less. Sure, NE has relatively less than the other quadrants by a few percent (maybe even ~5% ). But whatever. Do I need to go balls-scary somewhere far-out because I need ~5% extra lapis per square mile? No. No, I don't.

So it goes.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-04-27, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
That whole train of thought is kind've weird anyway. Yes, SW has the *most* assets, but NW has a negligible amount less. Sure, NE has relatively less than the other quadrants by a few percent (maybe even ~5% ). But whatever. Do I need to go balls-scary somewhere far-out because I need ~5% extra lapis per square mile? No. No, I don't.
I heard it was a lot more dramatic. Like, 50%.

But I only hear Minecraft stuff from, like, you guys. And the wiki, and notch on Twitter/Tumblr.