User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

How is your Life?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
How is your Life?
macgeek2004

2005-04-15, 01:20

Theres no thread where people just share with each other how they're lives are going.

I'd like this to be an open conversation thread, where people can just say whatever they feel like.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-04-15, 01:24

My left calf, right shoulder, and right wrist are itching. I hate allergies. Getting hives as an allergic reaction sucks big time.

I should be sleeping now.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-04-15, 01:26

You and me both. I'm still up working.

I'll be damned if I don't have what look like liver spots on the back of my left hand. A couple of things that looks like old bruises, but they weren't there yesterday, and they don't hurt. Wacky. One is the size of a dime.
Wrao
Yarp

2005-04-15, 01:45

I am trapped in paradise, and I want out.

Here, listen to my latest track
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2005-04-15, 02:12

i have to go to work in 5 hours and im still up...

i sleep very little and that kinda sucks at times...good for parties, bad for hanging by yourself as the whole house sleeps

g

life has been funky lately, but nothing i can't survive

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
Paul
Veteran Member

2005-04-15, 02:49

Things have been going fairly well for me lately. I've been able to put a lot of things in perspective and get a better bearing on myself. I'm probably going to move into a new studio near BC fairly soon and get ready for summer classes. However, I still am having trouble getting to sleep. This isn't helping any either...

It is an odd revelation when you first learn about Peak Oil... It's so logical-yet extremely easy (and desirable) to overlook. Wake up mankind. These kind of excess can not last forever.

It all reminds me of that fable with ants preparing for the winter while the grasshopper plays the fiddle all through summer and autumn. I hope there are enough ants going forward.

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)
holbox

2005-04-15, 05:50

I'm working on my 7th. year of retirement. Love it!

Live in an over 55 community in mid-Florida with golf carts, golf course, swimming pool, shuffel board ..... the whole hookey bit.
Travel all summer with our Airstream. Will be in Canada beside the Lake of the Woods around June 1st. Leave & come back when we feel like it. No set time table.

You hurt like hell when you move very much as you pile the years on, but it also can really be the best time of your life if you make it so.

I did and it is ........
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-04-15, 06:36

Sounds good holbox, I hope I'm still in as good a mood when I'm that age. Rock on.

It's 5:30, I'm having a strong cup of coffee, and will eat my pre-workout meal in 15 minutes. Hitting the gym at 6:30 for my second leg workout of the week. Squats are going to be the major exercise of the day. It's my new morning routine... and I love it.

Used to have the insomnia problem like gelding, but haven't had a single night where I can't get to sleep since I started working out. Kind of cool that this problem that bother me for years was solved so easily. Too bad I've been such a lazy bastard for the last few years.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-04-15, 06:42

Honestly, I'm pretty chirpy these days. Just moved in to a new place that I busted my butt fixing up, I'm playing guitar more again (thank goodness), work is steady and the days go by quickly, getting good sleep, cooking more like I used to, relatively baggage/hassle-free, spring is here and the days are really nice, etc.

No complaints.

I just wish "Revenge of the Sith" would hurry up and get here.

Sorry, I couldn't resist (a tribute to the thread-starter, you see)

ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2005-04-15, 06:50

I'm pretty great.

I did awesome and decent on two tests that I thought were going to kick my ass. School is winding down, and the amount of work I have to do in a short period of time is increasing which does suck.

There was a deal at OfficeMax for 50 HP +R 8x DVDs for $18, so I bought 150 to hold me over a month or so until I can find a better deal...although It's so night to have DVDs from HP, I don't have to worry if they will fail, and I don't even have to verify them because I'm so confident in them!

On a less great note, I think I've figured out I have 'chronic anterior tibial syndrome' from what I've been reading, but I'd have to have a doctor check to be sure I think.

On a good note, most colleges are letting out within a month, so my friends are coming home (i commute to a penn state school to save money) and that means plenty of campfires & barbeques
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2005-04-15, 08:05

I'm pretty good - my Girlfriend has moved over from Canada and has landed a good job, so the whole long-distance thing is finished (we used to be 5000 miles apart!) Only problem now is that because of that I've quit my Cruise Ship job and need to get a job in the UK, and the theatre industry is only so large...
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-04-15, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast3r3x
I bought 150 to hold me over a month or so until I can find a better deal.
You go through five DVDs a day??
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-04-15, 08:14

Mur: I know what you mean about insomnia and exercise. I had that problem at one point, and realized I had gotten out of my routine of doing physical activities during the day (not necessarily athletic but anything that requires a little stamina or exertion). As soon as I started getting more exercise, the insomnia vanished.

Something to note for people who think the answer to sleeping is pills. Pills don't actually help your body to rest anyway, they just knock you out.

ast3r3x: you mean the shin-splints?

My life right now is one big grey area right now. Things are status quo at work, which is the problem. We should've hit that inclined curve for the busy season and it's nowhere in sight because our marketing person doesn't actually DO any marketing, and the owner of the company refuses to hold their feet to the fire. Ever. Very frustrating and a little scary to be honest.

Also we're getting ready to move, which is good and bad. Good because we need a roomier place and a place to truly call our own (townhouses don't count in that last regard because you always have neighbors on the other side of the wall). Kind of frustrating because aside from the endless stream of tasks you have to complete (which kills any sense of real free time), you wonder why you're moving to the area you are, instead of the area you thought you'd be in when someone asked you five years ago. Life is complicated I guess.

Still, I have my health... good family and friends, and a great better half that I get to share my life with every day. So I am thankful every day for those things since they are the most important. I guess it's all the other stuff that seems to be in eternal limbo / never gets settled. :/

...into the light of a dark black night.
ast3r3x

2005-04-15, 08:21

True, it'll probably last about two months.

My house is signed up to netflix and blockbuster, so ideally we'd get about 6 dvd's every 2 days, but they haven't been able to do this for a while...it's more like 6 every 3-4 days. Keep in mind, for a lot of the movies we burn either two or three copies...I get movie only, and my dad and brother each want disc copy.

Of course, this isn't counting the data discs and xbox games being burnt.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2005-04-15, 08:33

I could use a date. Sex. Otherwise, pretty good.
ast3r3x

2005-04-15, 08:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
ast3r3x: you mean the shin-splints?
No

Shin splints are slightly different I believe. I can walk fine, play tennis fine, and for some reason it only seems to hit when walking BACK from classes, but when I am coming back they get really sore and like swollen, but stop hurting after several minutes. I'd think it was just shin splints, but then it should hurt consistently as I walk, shouldn't get so swollen/tense, should hurt more than just coming back. Another reason I think it might not be is because it's been happening since the beginning of school this year...yeah, I mean even if I were that inactive, which I am not, shouldn't it either heal or condition myself enough over that long of a time span? I mean the 2nd semester is almost over.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-04-15, 08:36

That is some kinda a wierd malady, my friend. Sounds like you need to drink more beer.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-04-15, 08:41

Ah, the Dr. Murbot therapy regimen! It's in all the journals of late, and seems to be gaining acceptance in the medical community.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2005-04-15 at 09:01.
ast3r3x

2005-04-15, 08:51

Or just inject tranquilizers into my shins...of course I probably won't be able to walk then without dragging my feet along
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-04-15, 09:00

Yah you don't want novacaine syndrome in your legs. That would be bad. Lately I seem to be sleeping on my arm/shoulder in a wierd way, and I wake up with "no arm". Literally it is not there as far as my brain in concerned. No tingling nothing.

Scary because I don't know how long I've been cutting off circulation to my own arm, and I have to literally lift it out from under me with my other arm, and shake it around in order to get control of it again. I mean it's totally numb. I could slam it against the bed board and it wouldn't hurt until after the circulation came back. Or something. Maybe I'm pinching a certain nerve off, but wouldn't that hurt like hell the same way a neck stinger hurts like hell?

Scates: the AMA is doing a new study as we speak. Soon the healing properties of beer will be known by all!

...into the light of a dark black night.
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2005-04-15, 09:29

Me and my girlfriend just bought a house. Kinda cool, kinda scary. It's not easy to find a affordable house in downtown Toronto. Wiring is junk and needs to be replaced. If we don't replace it we can't get insurance, we can't get a mortgage without insurance and we clearly cannot get a house without a mortgage. oh well. And I don't think I'll be able to get a new Mac for a while given that every penny we have will go to fixing up the house. Things are good.
kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

Send a message via AIM to kretara Send a message via Yahoo to kretara  
2005-04-15, 09:34

I'm with Paul...that site has me staying up late.

Things are going as good as can be expected.
Life is going, but nothing exciting is hapening. I feel like I'm just working to pay the bills.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-04-15, 10:52

"evry-bah-deez workin for the weekend...."

sank you I be hea all ze week. :smokey:
Hassan i Sabbah

2005-04-15, 11:14

Broke.

My ex-girlfriend has a new man who is artistic and cool and popular.

Got some interesting new work coming up.

Not great. Not too terrible.
¡Damned!

2005-04-15, 11:15

Life is good.

Business is rockin' (knock on wood), we've been getting more print projects coming in lately (which is nice), and aside from the fat checks I had to write to Uncle Sam yesterday I'm feeling pretty chipper.

Some nice projects are coming up this year. I'm renovating my building at at quicker pace now as I've got a couple that wants the retail floor for a hip little Urban Outfitters style store. The brewery is moving to a great old warehouse and we'll be able to triple output and double the taproom size, plus have a beergarden, which will pretty cool.

I'm trying to manage my time better, and might even get to take a long-overdue trip back to the 4 Corners area, which I just love.

So yeah, no major complaints here.

So it goes.
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-04-15, 11:23

pscates, I love the drug pic, especially the side effects.