User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

"Creative Endeavors" forum now open for business.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
"Creative Endeavors" forum now open for business.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2009-10-07, 00:23

At the appeal of one of our particularly creative AppleNova members, I've added this "Creative Endeavors" forum as a venue specifically designated for people to share and discuss their creations or collaborate on new ones. Welcome posts to this forum could include (but not limited to) your efforts and productions in writing, music, photography, drawing, construction, circuitry, crafts, cooking... just about anything you put your own imagination and talents to making.

I've pulled in a few existing relevant threads from AppleOutsider to get this forum started off.

Have fun.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2009-10-07, 00:51

Nice!

(Did Purchasing Advice get moved down, or did I just not pay attention to it before? )
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2009-10-07, 00:53

When I added CE, I also shuffled the overall forum arrangement to try to keep the more popular ones above the fold. Looks like you're the first to notice. Here's a cookie.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
SpecMode
Wait what

2009-10-07, 04:24

Yay! Brad, this is almost as awesome as the iPhone theme. I particularly like how you already populated it with the appropriate threads - very nice!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-10-07, 04:31

And...it's even forum 27.

<3 <3 <3
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2009-10-07, 08:04

Brad, I love you. Thank you so much
Chinney
Veteran Member

2009-10-07, 08:56

Nice idea. I have a further idea for a running thread that I hope to add soon.
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2009-10-07, 11:18

Nice. Thanks Brad. I'll be contributing here too.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-10-07, 12:59

Awesome new forum layout. That's a sensible way to do it, I think (Rumors, current stuff, third-party, general discussion...just seems like a nice flow, from upcoming Apple stuff, to current gear, to the products of others and then general tech/geek talk).

Then the fun stuff (AppleOutsider and Creative Endeavors), followed by the more "meat 'n' taters" stuff that doesn't necessarily fit in neatly with the above (purchasing advice, support/help, programming and the bazaar).

Good work! The whole thing just "sits" better now, IMO. There's a nice order and grouping to it all.

It's exactly the way I would've shuffled it, if it was my job to do so.

BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2009-10-07, 13:15

Good idea. Thank you!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2009-10-07, 14:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Awesome new forum layout. That's a sensible way to do it, I think (Rumors, current stuff, third-party, general discussion...just seems like a nice flow, from upcoming Apple stuff, to current gear, to the products of others and then general tech/geek talk).

Then the fun stuff (AppleOutsider and Creative Endeavors), followed by the more "meat 'n' taters" stuff that doesn't necessarily fit in neatly with the above (purchasing advice, support/help, programming and the bazaar).

Good work! The whole thing just "sits" better now, IMO. There's a nice order and grouping to it all.

It's exactly the way I would've shuffled it, if it was my job to do so.

I know right? I was "expecting" CE (if it existed, which I wasn't expecting it to) to be shoved between Programmer's Nook and the Bazaar but I like this arrangement so much better.

And I wasn't expecting him to "pre-populate" it, either. I raise a glass Spicy Sweet Chili Dorito to Brad's honor.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2009-10-07, 15:19

Hey, that's just how I roll. I actually did the same thing when I created the last few forums.
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2009-10-07, 18:34

Excellent idea.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-10-08, 08:36

Good show....