AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

Minecraft for iOS

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Minecraft for iOS
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-11-17, 01:19

Its here.

Prepare to never do any work, ever again.

Seriously, though, at $6.99 it's a bit steep for me to impulse-buy, so of anyone gets it, let us know how it's working for you.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-17, 01:25

I saw this thread and was about to buy it.....

Until I realized it was the Pocket Edition and doesn't support playing in our world. I don't like MC enough to build crap on the fly without the interaction of other users. I'm ok with the price though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2011-11-17, 02:57

It's only Creative Mode, ya. *pass*

Like T says above, MC isn't that cool without other players involved.

Last edited by 709 : 2011-11-17 at 09:29.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-11-27, 00:42

Lite version is in the store now. I have it and enjoy toying with it but can't imagine it would be a daily thing. My kids enjoy it, though you seem to start over every game. That would drive me nuts...

my 5 and 3 year old love it though because now I won't have them running around the main world destroying the place. They also get to play blocks like mama and daddy.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
newenglanddmc

2011-11-29, 04:03

I've played a stripped down version on iOS called mooncraft which is a break away build. Playing on an iPhone4 was hard work, the controls were not very fluid and the game lagged a lot. I'd recommend starting out playing it on a reasonably speced computer first, and than migrating to a handheld platform.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-12-02, 19:49

Ok, so this really isn't that bad to play on the iPad. I don't like the fact that you lose any progress when you restart the game, but it's not bad to play at all given it's alpha status and free. No mobs and creative only, but still pretty cool.

My kids are loving it because they can build in MineCraft like Mrs T, LS and me. Worth checking it out for the free version since it is free after all. Good way to get an idea of the game play and controls.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-12-02, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglanddmc View Post
I've played a stripped down version on iOS called mooncraft which is a break away build. Playing on an iPhone4 was hard work, the controls were not very fluid and the game lagged a lot. I'd recommend starting out playing it on a reasonably speced computer first, and than migrating to a handheld platform.
I'm assuming by "breakaway build" you actually mean "flagrant copy"? Minecraft isn't open-source, it belongs to Mojang.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-02-12, 11:17

MC:PE goes beyond creative!

*Click for the video

Looks to be shaping up nicely. Already in the Android market and expected to clear Apple by Thursday.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-02-17, 21:52

It's in the iTunes Store now. Played it for a little bit. Falling off a cliff, you die. Zombie attack you with you defending yourself, you die. Much like the real game to. Two hits with the sword and you kill the zombie so not bad. Controls are interesting.

Overall a great improvement in having and using Survival Mode.