Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Minecraft 1.8: The Bountiful Update!
Page 5 of 8 Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  Next Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-12-02, 23:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Otherwise I'd say put it above the Arts Centre.
Good thinking, Grey.

When we wipe this world for 1.9 we can at least come back and visit this old stuff!!

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2014-12-03, 01:32

OK, I have no idea what ARoS means. I'm sure it'll be painfully obvious when someone tells me.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-12-03, 09:15

Is that his rainbow-ringed mountaintop?

¡Damned!

2014-12-03, 09:42

ARoS Aarhus Kunstmuseum.

I thought the rainbow panorama was Bryson's build? If it's not than don't put it above the Arts Centre! That would be weird.
¡Damned!

2014-12-03, 11:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I was really hoping ladders would stick to sea lanterns, but still no go. If you don't mind losing one side to torches or levers, ladders stick at least to redstone lamps.
I tried to get around the lever issue by powering the lamps with redstone blocks, but ladders don't stick to those either. Ain't that some shit.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-05, 17:00

Soooooooo ... is it gonna explode today?
¡Damned!

2014-12-05, 18:41

I'm prepared, but there's still a handful of structures to move over, yes? I'd rather wait on the update if it means losing some of those forever.

In the meantime…. are we thinking about a new name?

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-05, 19:57

Well, Cashout Cove is silly given that we can no longer "cash out".

Oddtropolis
Creeperville
Strangeport
City of Things
Junker's Joint

I don't know.

One I really like: Panner's Point

The main land comes to a point out by Bradtropolis. A panner (gold panner) is a miner. It's like miner's point, but Panner's Point. A nod to Minecraft and the general shape of the land. We could put up a sign: Welcome to Panner's Point

OK. I'll go away, now.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
¡Damned!

2014-12-05, 20:07

The central city section will always be Cashout Cove. Did the Vineyard area change names when Martha died? Besides, I was wondering more about the log-in name ala "Biomepalooza!"

Ideally it'd have some hook into one of the very many new things. Like, "Fish Lasers & Hasenpfeffer" but not that

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-05, 20:16

OK, fine. Diorite Farms it is!
¡Damned!

2014-12-05, 20:20

Since Brad isn't popping in I'd assume it's a bust anyways. There's blocks to be moved across worlds before 1.8, and that will likely take hours.

I can wait until tomorrow, or Monday, or whenever. This update breaks things, so let's get everything settled before we just jump in.

That said, if we are waiting a spell, it'd be keen if we could get a new TARDIS world in the meantime. We need to train a newb or two how to survive in the wild without gear, and a new world would take the edge off.

[edit]: hmm. that's two "it'd" in the course of two posts. Interesting, but not intentional. I almost never ever see it in the wild, but I like it. I like the shape it makes. In a different font with tighter kerning it might reasonably be confused for a hieroglyph. I should use it more.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2014-12-05 at 20:52.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2014-12-05, 21:06

It'd be good to have a new chance to try out a fresh TARDIS before it goes by the wayside. I need to try one out for once.
¡Damned!

2014-12-05, 21:13

Still though, Brad. I've had people that don't visit the forums that often (yes, I know) ask me "when?" and I got all Antoine Dodson on them lest they lose all their loot tonight. Now I'm a Chicken Little, Brad. A fucking Henny Penny, Brad.

Brad.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-12-05, 21:31

I may pop in and you can train me as soon as my catch-up episode of a TV show finishes.

AS IF.

#ultimateWarriorDrew

¡Damned!

2014-12-05, 21:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
It'd be good to have a new chance to try out a fresh TARDIS before it goes by the wayside. I need to try one out for once.
Oh man, if you have AN's server pack on by default, you will squee. I know I did.

A new TARDIS world would be a great thing, especially since we're likely on the last gasp of CraftBukkit.

Obviously 1.8 isn't happening tonight, so, let's just get the other builds moved over when there's time, then realistically set a date.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-12-05, 21:49

dude me and ely are in right now, fighting daleks!

¡Damned!

2014-12-06, 14:44

Brad.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-12-06, 15:06

Sorry guys. I hate giving excuses, but it's been a total shit week at work and I haven't had any downtime at night for Minecraft fun. I'll be on this evening to finish the copies and update the game.
¡Damned!

2014-12-06, 15:25

Brad!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-06, 17:34

We're updating tonight?

There goes my night!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-06, 23:00

It's the weekend Brad, any help you give is appreciated. Hope your weekend ends up better than your week did.
¡Damned!

2014-12-06, 23:38

Absolutely. Relax and have a cocktail. There's no hard and fast that needs to be for 1.8.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-12-07, 10:35

Remember that one world with all the tall stuff??

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-12-07, 11:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
Did something change? The enchanting table is now asking for Lapis. I thought that was a 1.8 thing?
Whoops... my bad. I jumped the gun and had already configured the server to point to the new 1.8 resource pack thinking that all the textures were compatible with 1.7, but I forgot that the table actually *changed*. I'm sure you've long since figured it out, but the table doesn't actually require lapis yet. It just has the graphic for it.

I'm copying over structures now. Having trouble finding a place for turtle's bridge and the AppleNova sign, though. Any suggestions that would fit?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2014-12-07, 12:48

For the bridge, maybe the spot S of Gojira where there's an underwater tunnel? We could connect the roadways on both sides pretty easily and leave the tunnel accessible as well. The spot won't mess with Future Rodan, in fact it could be cool having him fly above it.

So it goes.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-12-07, 12:54

get hype

i can't wait to play mc again with you all because i has 1.8 and i can't figure out how to make a separate downgraded profile

but i'm confused, do we already know what this world looks like then? what is the seed?

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-12-07, 13:17

Quote:
For the bridge, maybe the spot S of Gojira where there's an underwater tunnel? We could connect the roadways on both sides pretty easily and leave the tunnel accessible as well. The spot won't mess with Future Rodan, in fact it could be cool having him fly above it.
Good idea. I'll give that a try.

edit: Wow, it's almost a perfect fit! There are a dozen or so blocks of free space on either end, but that's easy to connect up later.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-07, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
get hype

i can't wait to play mc again with you all because i has 1.8 and i can't figure out how to make a separate downgraded profile

but i'm confused, do we already know what this world looks like then? what is the seed?
The map is going to end up looking just like it does now. The seed is going to stay the same. So after the prune any expansion will uncover the map you see now. There isn't any real change in the land generation based on my testing using the same world we use now.

For making a new profile though, click "New Profile" after you open the launcher:

Then change the name to something different, and chose 1.7.9 in the dropdown for the world version:

Feel free to play with other settings too if you wish. When you finish saving, select the new profile in your dropdown by the profile selection:

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2014-12-07, 15:13

i swear i did that before and it didn't work anyway thx!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2014-12-07, 16:18

Quote:
ARoS Aarhus Kunstmuseum.

I thought the rainbow panorama was Bryson's build? If it's not than don't put it above the Arts Centre! That would be weird.
Ah! I forgot what it was called. Yes, that was mine. Above the Arts Centre is great. And yes, I may indeed revisit it now we have stained glass.