Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Minecraft 1.8: The Bountiful Update!
Page 8 of 8 First Previous 4 5 6 7 [8]  Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2014-12-30, 21:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Path is there now.
Orange is a really good color out there. Like, damn. Nize.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-31, 12:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
And done. Phase IV complete. That either has to do with my last bucket placement or a society of ants that are way way smarter than us.
I think it's the ants.
¡Damned!

2015-01-08, 20:35

wut
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-01-08, 21:54

Hey evurbuddy - Grey KILLED ME in the game the other night with his dangerous fish trap!!!

Be VERY careful!!!

¡Damned!

2015-01-08, 22:12

Wait is that your bow and death loot that someone put in a chest out there? I forget the name, like Power Sucker or Yamma Jamma or something. It still lives. It's in a chest up top. Someone was kind enough to pick up the pieces.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-01-08, 22:36

Titty Fucker.

That's my pick.

JohnnyTheA

2015-01-09, 15:08

Folks,

I got lost in the game and somehow I think it expanded the world. I am in some HUGE mountainous region that is NEW to the MC maps... Is this possible?

JTA
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-01-09, 18:52

Yeah, I meant to tell people here that I put stuff in a chest but kept the XP. BTW, I didn't see pick. I did put everything I did find into the chest though. 709 moved it to the path at his monument as you enter it.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2015-01-09 at 20:42.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-01-09, 20:38

Monument Tour Company is now open for business!

Take the portal to the North East and then go through the monument trap 709 is building. Turn left off of the road to the path to the monument. Once you walk through the path you will see an entrance to go below the surface:

The best time to go seems to be night, but because there is water flow on the glass blocks you can only see so much:

Then on the opposite side of the above surface entrance you will see a ladder set going down:

Head down there and you will see an opening to swim to the entrance to the monument:

Once inside there you will be able to walk normally. You might want to watch out for the guardians though, they can get you from the water:

From there enjoy the tour. I have placed a chest with sand and ladders. Please take some with you as you tour the monument in case I missed something and you need to get out. Most important:

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2015-01-12, 21:36

The Guardian Dropper is very close to completion. It's functional-ish in its raw state right now, so while I work on finishing it I'm going to leave it on and let the chests fill up. If I don't respond, don't take it personally . I may afk through the night just to get the chests full.

note: it's not open to the public yet, so please don't grab any of the chest loot. This first round is to fill some inventory chests, but once the quota is met it'll be open to everyone.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-01-13, 11:05

I'm sneaking in there, today, and taking everything!
¡Damned!

2015-01-17, 17:56

SOON.

I've finished the mural and torched as many caves as I could find, so, opening soon. I've been camping to get some loot from my labor, but have no idea what the average drops/hr is. I'm sure it's a lot less than the YouTube people that build something in the middle of nowhere and don't have to contend with 'real-world' issues like packs of squid spawning in the ocean, but I bet it's a bunch.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-01-19, 13:19

Watch your step!

I did a little open-pit mining out at the "ite" mining area. There is a death-hole there, now, that will kill you dead no matter what armor you're wearing. And, since it is a long trek (even by Nether Hub) and the bottom of the pit is a jumble of bedrock and stone, you may never get your loot back. The pit is surrounded by a 2-block high wall to keep out the baddies and the blind. If you want to have a peek, be my guest. There is an entrance at the SE corner into which you can test your falling skills.

And, if you want to jump from a really high place, the mountain to the north has also been carved up and presents quite the view into the pit.

Of note: the pit is roughly 40x40 (not exact, but I wasn't trying to be) and yielded up about 14 large chests of must-haves. I dug the pit as an experiment to determine whether open-pit mining or vein-following had a better overall yield for the "ites". Honestly, I'm not sure. The open pit took several hours and 1.2 demon picks (repaired) to accomplish. Comparing this to my first foray to the "ite" mines where I followed surface veins which yielded about 2.5 large chests and took maybe 1/4 the time. Doing the math, I think a deep, 40x40 open pit has the best overall yield, especially with a demon pick which is super fast and lasts forever—and which also yields other goodies such as diamonds and emeralds (see below).

The "ites" don't spawn above ground level, so don't waste too much time hunting in the high mountains for the stuff. The corner of the mountain I cut out yielded exactly zero "ite" blocks. However, as with mining rules in other locations, please don't leave overhanging crap.

As far as diamonds and emeralds go, I was quite surprised at the ratio between the two. When I went hunting for emeralds in 1.7, I found 4 stacks of diamond ore for 1 stack of emeralds (Extreme Hills bio). That's a 4-1 ratio and what I expected to find at the "ite" mine. However, what I actually found was 59 emeralds to 56 diamonds. That's almost 1-1, and in the emerald's favor. I can only come up with two possible reasons for this: 1) 1.8 changed the ratio of diamonds to emeralds; or 2) The "ites" are so prolific that they actually disperse blocks of diamonds that would otherwise have spawned. Take this into account if you are hunting diamonds in Extreme Hills biomes.

If anyone wants to dig in/on/around the pit, please beware: there are a number of "ite" veins that have been emptied along the walls and they are unlit/unfilled, so plenty of death traps await. I would suggest moving at least 20 blocks to the side of the pit if you plan to follow me down into the depths of anguish! I remove my torches on the way out of of veins. Some may argue this tactic, but I found it gives the monsters more places to spawn that are not where I am working.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)

Last edited by kscherer : 2015-01-19 at 13:31.