Password
AppleNova Forums » Creative Endeavors »

Music: The Biggest Stumbling Block

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Music: The Biggest Stumbling Block
drewprops
Space Pirate

2015-02-10, 01:19

This weekend I shot a short video with some specific music in mind.

I had intended on recording a really bad a cappella version of a vintage commercial song.

Unfortunately, that turned out so bad that I hate it.

So I started thinking "remix" and even found some on Soundcloud, but the download buttons aren't working.

(Edit: and I still fear for the copyright issue since they feature sampled original)

Next I started investigating what it would take to remix it myself in Garageband, but the tempo is all weird.

I'll tell you: not being a music person has always been my biggest stumbling block when shooting stuff - music is the gateway to great things.

No idea how I'm going to solve this one but it's time to go to bed.

Bah Humbug!!!

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Tuaret

2022-10-03, 12:09

Music really is something that I personally cannot live without. Many people say that we listen to mood music, for example, hard rock, when we are overwhelmed by adrenaline, or on the contrary a calm song to feel peace, but for me, it's the opposite, music sets the mood. The feeling of the singer putting all his talent and feelings into every note is unimaginable, it makes you want to sing along. I had that when I downloaded on https://unlockedpiratebay.com/ the song RiSe from League of Legends and it was just delightful, the vocals are just perfect or the songs from Sia.

Last edited by Tuaret : 2022-10-04 at 07:28.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-10-03, 12:18

Hello Apple Enthusiast! Welcome to the forum!

Drew, do you know anyone who does music? I always end up using something someone else already did just to make it simple for me. I don't do many videos but the few I've done it is nothing I'm going to try to do up myself.

that being said, since you do media a lot it would be worth it for you to learn and get better with. Maybe get one of your friends who does sound walk you through some good starter steps.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2022-10-03, 18:20

I have a lot of friends who play instrumental folk / Celtic music, and some friends who have an 80s band, but only one composer, who is too busy. I don't make anything big, so I'm stuck using the license free stuff offered by YouTube or Facebook. ::sad shrug::