User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

shot of new iMac in Paris (not the elevator shot)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
shot of new iMac in Paris (not the elevator shot)
matt

Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via Yahoo to matt  
2004-08-28, 22:29

http://www.ipodfrance.com/ipodfrance...=26&fullsize=1

so what do you make of this? (box on the lower left)

Quagmire
meh

2004-08-28, 22:31

That is an old display sold by apple.

PS: I swear after this post I will not feed this troll.

Paul
Veteran Member

2004-08-28, 22:36

not a troll quag, but just uninformed-as you once were (are?)...

matt

2004-08-28, 22:36

oh really, can you be more specific? interesting that apple is using "old" displays at the Paris Expo. but please school me great wizard, because as you say, i am only but a troll.

Paul
Veteran Member

2004-08-28, 22:39

because there are other companies at the apple expo other then apple and these companies sometimes have old equipment.

matt

2004-08-28, 22:41

ok, that is understandable Paul, but when did Apple release an flat panel on a stand like that?

Paul
Veteran Member

2004-08-28, 23:03

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=45629
that thread should answer all your questions...

_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-08-28, 23:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
PS: I swear after this post I will not feed this troll.

It is always good to establish "troll" status before posting sh*t like that. Some people wont take it as nicely as matt has.

Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-08-29, 02:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt
ok, that is understandable Paul, but when did Apple release an flat panel on a stand like that?
In 1998. First it came out with the beige Power Macintosh G3s. Then, it was updated with a new color scheme and a better LCD in 1999 with the introduction of the B&W G3s. It is not new by any stretch of the imagination, though back then it was expensive and LCDs were not popular, so it was pretty obscure. No one took much notice of LCD monitors until 2000, when Apple introduced the still-awesome 22" Cinema display.

LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2004-08-29, 05:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=45629
that thread should answer all your questions...
Starting at page 9, I believe. I responded to this "Why is there an old Apple monitor box at the Expo?" fracas on page 10, for what it's worth.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-29, 08:05

After following that stupid ass hoax thread of philbot's at AI.com (then seeing offshoots and further discussion of it here and tons of other places), I'm thinking a mandatory shut-down of all Mac forums, four days prior to a keynote, might not be such a bad idea.

People lose their minds and act like such nimrods.

BTW, because of Philbot's little game, I'm even less inclined to believe anything anyone says online. I'd rather be a level-headed skeptic who can "consider the source" than one of those freaks spending 11 pages engaging in deep level Photoshop light/shadow analysis of a piece-of-crap hoax with a silly accompanying front-end story (yes, Apple just lets all their new stuff float around international airports, unsealed and subject to dipshit freight workers - who just happen to have a digital camera with them and can seemingly only take pictures from one viewpoint - prying into them...THAT should've been considered, first and foremost, and everything following it taken with a "yeah, right...").

Philbot deserves a small beating, IMO.

murbot
Hoonigan

2004-08-30, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
Philbot deserves a small beating, IMO.
I'm sure he's given himself a few of those already while reading his threads... though probably not exactly the kind of beating you were hoping for.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-30, 17:20

Have you been to Temporary Insanity in, say, the last several hours? Seems any dipshit with Photoshop Elements and web space has appointed themselves Jesters in Residence.

I guess Temporary Insanity roughly translates into Acting Like Royal Dicks Prior to a Keynote.

I'm so, so glad AppleNova came to be. That place - even not considering Temporary Insanity - has just gone to hell. Looks like crap and an army of nimrods have all but taken over, screwing up everything.

I expect Brad and Jack to brandish that ban stick like a Jedi on crystal meth if any of those puds start making their way over here.

In fact, at this point, anyone just now coming over from AI.com has to know some convoluted super-secret handshake or 22-digit PIN code, figuring all the good eggs have made it and know about this place. My new security measures will simply keep out the riff-raff, puddingheads and wingnuts that made me run from that place to begin with.

onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2004-08-30, 17:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
Have you been to Temporary Insanity in, say, the last several hours? Seems any dipshit with Photoshop Elements and web space has appointed themselves Jesters in Residence.

I guess Temporary Insanity roughly translates into Acting Like Royal Dicks Prior to a Keynote.

I'm so, so glad AppleNova came to be. That place - even not considering Temporary Insanity - has just gone to hell. Looks like crap and an army of nimrods have all but taken over, screwing up everything.

I expect Brad and Jack to brandish that ban stick like a Jedi on crystal meth if any of those puds start making their way over here.

In fact, at this point, anyone just now coming over from AI.com has to know some convoluted super-secret handshake or 22-digit PIN code, figuring all the good eggs have made it and know about this place. My new security measures will simply keep out the riff-raff, puddingheads and wingnuts that made me run from that place to begin with.

Could not agree with you more. I dont go near AI when a keynote is close at hand, its just not worth it. There is just way to much BS to sift through.

I like that 22- digit PIN code/ super-secret handshake too. It definately would keep some of the repetetive clutter from showing up here.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-30, 17:44

It's funny, actually. Right now, people are going nuts and acting like weirdos. Those same exact people, 10-12 hours from now will be the ones bellyaching and hand-wringing the loudest at how "Apple SUX!" and "I'm getting a PC" and whatnot.

Deranged little manic cretins...

onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2004-08-30, 18:23

alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-08-30, 18:25

ok, this thread is pointless. image of a 4 year old apple monitor doesn't count as a thread starter, sorry. go nuts in another thread.