User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Graphulator + Core 3d !!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Graphulator + Core 3d !!
NaMo4184

2005-03-17, 19:45

I was thinking about graphing program that apple bought. I thought to my self: "how come apple didn't just use the program why did they buy it. Omni graph is good but apple didn't buy that." This leads me to think that apple has big plans for that graphing program.

I am thinking that allot of programmers would be pleased if instead of a simple program for graphs graphulator turned out to be a framework that can be easily used in their programs to produce 3d graphs. I can think of myriad programs that could benefit from this.

bittorrent on wheels is a program that is currently trying to graphically represent torrent status in a cool way. How about 3d graphs!!

Core 3d will probably not be in tiger unless it only takes 2 months to make a core api. But i think that the core 3d may have already been partially ready and the only thing needed was good 3d math algorithms.

I know nothing about programing so i don't know if what i say makes any sense. If I am full of crap let me know. but i just wanted to speculate.

John Coltrane's 'Giant Steps'
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-03-17, 19:58

FYI, OmniGraffle is a drawing program, not a graphing calculator.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-03-17, 20:07

'Core3D' is essentially handled by OpenGL at this point. ie, anything you want to do with 3D, OpenGL is your API. Now, I wouldn't mind them coming up with a nice higher-level API for various scene-based tasks, but OpenGL (particularly 2.0) isn't too shabby, y'know?
BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2005-03-18, 02:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaMo4184
bittorrent on wheels is a program that is currently trying to graphically represent torrent status in a cool way. How about 3d graphs!!
The program you're thinking of is Bits on Wheels. Its graph thing is pretty cool: