Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: the new applenova SMP 1.2 world general discussion

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: the new applenova SMP 1.2 world general discussion
Page 4 of 8 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  Next Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2012-03-23, 19:51

I wouldn't until we the OK from Brad. Plus, who knows if bukkit works with the new update.

Since the bukkit team is responsible for most of the fixes though, I don't think an update would be too far behind (though it'd be super nice if they released them both at the same time).

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-23, 20:21

No. It will be posted once the server is updated, or you try to connect and it says your client is outdated.

Basically, we wait until the bukkit version is updated before the server gets updated. Oh, and most importantly, Brad has time to do the update.

Edit: I was late for this party.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Foj
Veteran Member

2012-03-24, 17:32

Just wanted to show off my house. I've been expanding it a bit. The wood part is the original part of the place. I know the rest of you guys have fancier places, but I'm working on it.

A knife and a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way to spell New York.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-24, 22:46

Good work!!!
But Son!!!
Update your durn texture pack to Brad's awesome flavors!!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-25, 12:15

Looking good, Foj!

Here's what it looks like with my textures (with brightness at 50%):

Also! I noticed a couple of possible issues with your farm:

Since you're in a cold biome, exposed water has a tendency to freeze. See how the blocks on the left are frozen solid? That will also affect crop growth. If all the nearby water freezes, wet tilled soil will go dry and will be less likely to support new crop growth. The leftmost soil there looks like it's gone dry already. Also, I think that new snowfall can trample existing seeds/crops, but I can't remember if that's still true.

Protip! To fix up the current farm, you could build a roof overtop to block snowfall and set torches very close to the water sources to prevent freezing.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-25, 13:03

He could also hide the water below ground, couldn't he? The proximity would still work, I think.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-25, 14:06

Glowstone under the water should work too. Or jack-o-lanterns.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-25, 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
One other thing: wtf is this world called? Have we decided?
IT IS DECIDED.

Cactuar

We tried coming up with names in-game again, and this name brought the closest to unanimous acceptance as we're going to get. If Brad, Jack, and Grey all agree it's a good name, we'd better run with it.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-03-25, 17:47

Pronounced "Cacked-you-are"?

:Lol:
¡Damned!

2012-03-25, 22:11

So, some people think the desert around us is no-mans land and think they can carry on without fixing shit, and thus we have huge potholes in the desert, and somehow the hill next to my house is now full of chasms because of some underground exploring.

Fine, fine. I understand we have some n00bs with varying levels of caring.. But this thing, this angry hole, it must go:

I don't even know. It's like someone enchanted a stupid testosterone tool on Creative Day and just went... ARRRGGHHHTOOOLLLOOLLLLLL!!!!!

WTF.

Fix. It.

*note: if it's a build site, fine, but put up a sign at least. Right now it looks like someone shit TNT.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2012-03-25 at 22:22.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2012-03-25, 22:17

Funny you mention this....

At least in my case they did try to refill but didn't get all the torches back up.
¡Damned!

2012-03-25, 22:26

Well, I wouldn't be so annoyed if it was marked. Then I'd think the bunch of creeper holes would be fixed and they were just planning on getting to it in a bit.

If not, that spot is right in front of my claim, and right down from Robo's claim, and right close to town. Not a cool place to leave gaping holes. Especially the massive one which apparently serves no purpose.

So it goes.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-26, 00:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Funny you mention this....

At least in my case they did try to refill but didn't get all the torches back up.
That was Brad and I. Sorry! We were seeing if golems attacked creepers. (They don't. ) We filled the pits back up but I didn't see that there was torches there, my bad

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2012-03-26, 00:38

We called it Cactuar!? So, I have a proposal for the downtown area...
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2012-03-26, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
So, some people think the desert around us is no-mans land and think they can carry on without fixing shit, and thus we have huge potholes in the desert, and somehow the hill next to my house is now full of chasms because of some underground exploring.

Fine, fine. I understand we have some n00bs with varying levels of caring.. But this thing, this angry hole, it must go:

I don't even know. It's like someone enchanted a stupid testosterone tool on Creative Day and just went... ARRRGGHHHTOOOLLLOOLLLLLL!!!!!

WTF.

Fix. It.

*note: if it's a build site, fine, but put up a sign at least. Right now it looks like someone shit TNT.
It was my hole, sorry. And it used to have a lot more and be a lot more even/have a sign. I was attacked by creepers and ended up having a good chunk of what I was doing blown up. I will fix it soon.
¡Damned!

2012-03-26, 12:51

Aha! I thought for a moment it may have been you - those tools you made are like machine guns.

np. Glad to have someone building in the desert there.

Note that my dirt outline in the distance is temporary (I'll probably take it down tonight). I just wanted to get a feel for where the museum will be and at what height. Looking at it makes me realize I need to bring it down a couple/few blocks.

So it goes.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2012-03-26, 13:48

Just a note of caution before people get their panties in a knot over each and every creeper hole: try and remember that sometimes people don't survive creeper blasts, and if they're a long way from spawn, may not even know where said hole was...
¡Damned!

2012-03-26, 14:29

Of course.

My panties are decidedly not in a bunch. Monday is "going caveman" day. I feel that it kicks off the week nicely.
¡Damned!

2012-03-26, 16:40

Hey boxo - question for ya. What are you building there? The footprint is fairly small, so it got me wondering.

Reason I ask is that it's in the "downtown" area, and if it's a residence I'd humbly ask you to set up home close to all of us over by spawn. There's an awesome hill right behind my house begging for a homestead in fact, or a lot of space between spawn and the test mob trap.

If it's a "commercial" structure, then go for it. Bars, hotels, P.O., Money Bins (), etc. We need those downtown, for sure.

I filled in the creeper holes, and next Creative Day will likely expand on the terraforming sand into grass. I'd like to do your section next, and maybe up to the foot of jack's mountain.

So it goes.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-03-26, 18:21

Grey, I need to ask you something...before terraforming everything ever, could I actually *build* a Cactuar statue in the desert part of downtown?
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-26, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Grey, I need to ask you something...before terraforming everything ever, could I actually *build* a Cactuar statue in the desert part of downtown?
I'd love a Cactuar statue

But you might have to rock-paper-scissors Brad for it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-26, 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
I'd love a Cactuar statue

But you might have to rock-paper-scissors Brad for it.
Yeah, I already called for the privilege of building one in-game when we decided on the name, but if you're really gunning for it, RS, go ahead.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-03-26, 19:14

Could we plan it together in some way, Brad? Or could I help?
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-26, 19:24

Is it going to be made of cacti or green wool? I've been collecting green wool and I made an extra green sheep just in case.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-03-26, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Is it going to be made of cacti or green wool? I've been collecting green wool and I made an extra green sheep just in case.
Can't put cactus side-by-side. So, it would have to be wool.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2012-03-26, 19:28

Probably need lime and green, since they have darker lines.

EDIT: That, or while ironically not cactus, the striping could possibly be done really well with melon blocks.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-28, 17:22

I put three stacks each of green and lime wool in the exchange for the Cactuar statue.

I'll keep making more at my ranch.
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2012-03-29, 15:58

I noticed that there are some torches in the field north of my ranch. I don't remember if I placed them or not, but they sort of make an outline. I didn't see any signs though.

Anyway, I had to make an emergency exit from the cave system below my ranch, and it ended up inside that outline. If someone is planning on building there, just lemme know, and I'll happily move my exit.

Are you building there, Brad? I know you were exploring the areas around my ranch the other day.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
drewprops
Space Pirate

2012-03-29, 18:27

Farquand, I have moved the sliding board down one level. The stacks of netherchrome are in a chest on top of the stunted tree, just east of the stack of sand shaped like an elbow. If you decide that the pressure plates work, put them in a staggered arrangement AROUND the pit EXCEPT for the side fronting onto the ledge above the creeper run. Also: did you figure out what the timing is on their explosions? I think it's 2-2-1, but it may have changed after we adjusted the lightwells in the sheep pool above.

Also!! (very important) - the torches surrounding the emergency hut aren't keeping those spiders from climbing out of that crack above the "gold chute" so you may want to add more of them.

Who knew snow would make for such an exciting morning???? LOLOLOL

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2012-03-29, 19:03

I am never going near Drew's place. Ever.