AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Delicious Library 3.0 (Now available!)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Delicious Library 3.0 (Now available!)
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
adam1185

2004-08-03, 14:34

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/deliciouslibrary.html

This program looks sweet, exactly what I've been looking for. Does anyone know when it's supposed to come out?

Thanks
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-08-03, 14:57

sweet...iSight scanning would be very helpful to us geeks with over 500 dvd titles to put in....wonder if you can scan books too? and cds

g

next time read whole article instead of just going to pretty pictures....yes to scanning books...probably cds also

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough

Last edited by thegelding : 2004-08-03 at 15:03.
gmaletic

2004-08-03, 15:10

The program does look like it's really well done...but can anyone tell me why I would use this?

Thanks.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-08-03, 15:17

if you have lots of books and cd's and dvds and videos and are always lending them out...keeps track of your collections and who has what...that is the bonus for me...also all the facts about each title to give a short synopsis for family and friends and other borrowers...etc

plus it looks cool

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-08-03, 15:22

It looks incredibly Apple-like, I guess that's the beauty of OS X!
MacUsers

2004-08-03, 15:49

Wow... Mike Matas did a pretty good job on that interface.
Trekkie

Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie  
2004-08-03, 16:37

Oh. My. God.

That's freaking amazing looking. Hope the engine that runs it is as equally impressive.

One thing I've lost since I originally moved to the Mac in 2002 was that I had a program called DVD Profiler that did something similar.

The iSight bar code scanner had me jumping in my seat when I read that, very very very cool. Can't wait, sign me up, where do I order??
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-08-03, 21:52

That's pretty freaking cool but I got my hopes up too soon: I thought it was competition for Portfolio or iView (for photos). Drat.
Eugene
careful with axes

2004-08-04, 00:50

Looks pretty, but I don't think I'd use it. I'm disorganized...I don't use Address Book, iCal or even browser bookmarks. I just keep everything in my head. Yes, I'm always forgetting things.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-08-04, 01:04

man, i have bookshelves full of books, this would rock for me to keep track of what i have. it would also be nice if it could keep track of the value of some of the rare/first edition books around.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-08-04, 01:04

I paid for DVDCollector - which the developer has now released as freeware, since development has ceased.

But this app looks much more comprehensive and elegantly presented. I'd buy a copy!

All I want is a simple life
twitter

Last edited by Mac+ : 2004-08-04 at 01:07. Reason: had to fix italics
drdreric

2004-08-04, 22:56

now will they sync these lists onto an iPod?

I so want my lists with me so I quit buying more than one copy of DVDs and books on sale for $5 at Target.

Palm sync'ing would be cool, too.

Last edited by drdreric : 2004-08-04 at 22:58. Reason: title doesn't show in standard view
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-08-04, 23:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdreric

I so want my lists with me so I quit buying more than one copy of DVDs and books on sale for $5 at Target.

That bit about inadvertently buying a copy of something you already own for a discounted price at Target rings true!

Bring on the list syncing feature!
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2004-08-05, 07:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdreric

According to Greg at Omni, yes, it will sync text info to your iPod. Check ou the thread at arstechnica.com's Mac forum for this info.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2004-08-05, 07:56

Have they mentioned a price for this app? I'm thinking it'll be in the 40 to 50 range myself but you never know. Guess I'll have to trundle over to MacAch.
synotic

2004-08-05, 09:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayinMacFiend
Have they mentioned a price for this app? I'm thinking it'll be in the 40 to 50 range myself but you never know. Guess I'll have to trundle over to MacAch.
I believe it's about at the 40 dollar range, and a discount if upgrading from another app, or when buying with their scanner (cheaper than an iSight I'm guessing). I'll have to find that Ars Technica thread too... I'll post here if I find it.
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2004-08-05, 10:23

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/...m=707002835631
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2004-08-05, 10:29

They don't mention prices in the ars thread either. At the very least, it seems the split was amicable as Greg from Omni is posting in the ars thread.
ginopiazza49

2004-08-15, 20:39

Does anyone know if you will be able to add your own categories? In other words, besides Books, Movies Music, and Games, will you be able to add categories such as Software or, perhaps, Magazines?

-- Gino J. Piazza
Trekkie

Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie  
2004-09-01, 18:40

Anyone know of a release date? I'm really excited to see this application.
Luther

2004-09-14, 22:12

Michael told me it would be, "Hopefully, in about a month". So at least you know that they are close. I am playing with the beta right now and it looks close to finished. I am really excited about this app and I am blown away at how intuitive it is and, well, how apple-like it is. I really think that this could be a big app when word gets around and it is priced right.
Luther
sunrain
Veteran Member

2004-09-14, 22:42

I've been using Readerware's software for my DVDs, CDs and books. This looks tempting though.

Linkage: http://www.readerware.com/
scottjo

2004-09-21, 05:07

Hi

looking forward to this - is there any news in respect to international support (in particular ordering from Amazon uk rather than US)?

Any news regarding this, price or expected release would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Jon
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2004-09-21, 08:11

There's some more info on Library in this thread at ARS. I think they address the fact that you can connect to Amazon.co.uk on this thread.
scottjo

2004-09-21, 09:39

Thanks for your reply - I have posted a message on there to try and find out.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2004-09-22, 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjo
Thanks for your reply - I have posted a message on there to try and find out.
The two primary developers of Library showed up at AI the other day. Looks like connecting to non-USA Amazon sites is planned, but won't show up in this release.
Luther

2004-09-23, 21:11

The developer said it would be less than $50 US dollars. That is enough for me personally. I love this app.

Luther
El Guardo

Send a message via AIM to El Guardo Send a message via MSN to El Guardo Send a message via Yahoo to El Guardo  
2004-10-25, 07:45

Release date of November 8.
Cost US$39.95.

From MacMinute.com:
Wil Shipley and Mike Matas, Omni Group's founder and former interface designer, today announced the launch of Delicious Monster Software. The first "Delicious" application is Delicious Library, which will ship November 8th, 2004. Delicious Library is a brand-new tool that creates an electronic card-catalog of a users books, movies, music, and video games. Some of the features of the new application include 30fps iSight barcode scanning, photorealistic digital shelves full of hi-resolution 3D renderings of your covers, Address Book and iCal integration, automatic iPod syncing, two-click purchases from Amazon.com, and more. Delicious Library will cost US$39.95, with an optional wireless Bluetooth LASER barcode scanner available for an additional $174.95.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-10-25, 09:55

US$39.95 is a fair price I reckon.

... btw the website has been updated too: www.delicious-monster.com - but what is with not working on old Safari versions - I had to launch Firefox (bleh) just to see the site.

All I want is a simple life
twitter
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2004-10-25, 20:32

You know, if this also had a link to a comics database, it'd be *perfect*.

I don't have that many movies. I don't even have that many CDs.

But I have about 90-100 shelf feet of books, and 16 longboxes of comics. The books are a *breeze* compared to the comics.