Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

COVID-19 Outbreak

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
COVID-19 Outbreak
Page 36 of 36 First Previous 32 33 34 35 [36]  Thread Tools
Anonymous Coward

2022-03-31, 14:53

Related to the discussion of boosters earlier in the thread, here is an article supporting seeking out particular immunization/booster shots: Antibodies produced after Pfizer and Moderna vaccines".

Some comments point out that the small sample size may be responsible for the results, so this or other anecdotal evidence should not be evidence that this conclusion is conclusive.

The CDC has a chart specifying which boosters are recommended. I couldn't cut and paste a formatted version of the information from the Veterans Administration website, so here is a link for the whole page , even though I just want to link to the chart in the middle of the page

Last edited by Anonymous Coward : 2022-03-31 at 15:13.
kieran
Tweeting @kierankelly

2022-04-01, 07:49

The articles that I was reading stated that the sample sizes show that the 2nd booster is effective, but the group that would be seeking the 2nd booster is also more risk averse and tends to be more cautious around Covid related items in general, so the studies may not be the best.

I'm not entirely sure about how effective a 2nd booster would be, but if it's recommended, I'll probably get it.

I'm more concerned about a vaccine for my soon to be 3 year old. Really wish they'd get their shit together on that one...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-04-27, 13:11

The pandemic is over in the US.

At least that is the short version of the interview. Not like most haven't already been acting that way.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-04-27, 14:53

Anonymous Coward

2022-05-07, 00:52

This article seems to indicate that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine should not be the first choice, if others are available to you.

Also, the latest estimate by the World Health Organization (WHO) is that 15 million people have died from COVID-19, but the predicted deaths in China are actually lower than expected (the excess being COVID related deaths) by the information made available by that country. (There is a link in the article to the WHO spreadsheet showing the data used. The cumulative excess as of December 2021 for China is approximately -52,000, up from a maximum of approximately -309,000, and the only months in which China had excess deaths are January and February of 2020.)

Actually, this article discussing which country has the most COVID-19 deaths is better, with graphs. (Again, China is noticeably absent.)

Last edited by Anonymous Coward : 2022-05-07 at 01:03. Reason: Added a second article
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2022-05-07, 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Coward View Post
This article seems to indicate that the Johnson & Johnson vaccine should not be the first choice, if others are available to you.

Also, the latest estimate by the World Health Organization (WHO) is that 15 million people have died from COVID-19, but the predicted deaths in China are actually lower than expected (the excess being COVID related deaths) by the information made available by that country. (There is a link in the article to the WHO spreadsheet showing the data used. The cumulative excess as of December 2021 for China is approximately -52,000, up from a maximum of approximately -309,000, and the only months in which China had excess deaths are January and February of 2020.)

Actually, this article discussing which country has the most COVID-19 deaths is better, with graphs. (Again, China is noticeably absent.)
Link is broken. Is this it? https://www.bbc.com/news/health-61327778
Anonymous Coward

2022-05-07, 13:38

Sorry, let me try and fix it. That is a good article I hadn't seen, but this article , "Does the US really have the world's highest COVID death toll?' is the one I intended to link.

(I see there is an appended "%22" to the link I originally posted.)