Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Star Wars: Stories
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-11-04, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post
Jolene Blalock. (I like Enterprise, although it's bumpy at times.)
There are some Vulcan mating scenes that kept things interesting.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-08, 20:30

So, Lucasfilm giveth...and Lucasfilm taketh away.

That Rogue Squadron movie was supposed to be directed by the Wonder Woman director, Patty Jenkins, is now off the production schedule, due to "scheduling conflicts".

Which is a funny way to spell "nobody probably gives a shit".

Just kidding (I think). Oh well.

So hire another director? It isn't like the Disney-era Star Wars is afraid/reluctant to do so. They've done it on the sequel trilogy third installment (PS - didn't help), as well as Solo and Rogue One (reshoots, etc.). What makes Jenkins so special/irreplaceable? That second WW movie was a bit of a waste, so her star isn't soaring as high as it was following that first WW outing in 2017.

But, then again, maybe what I said three paragraphs up is more the (true) reason than anything, and it wouldn't matter who's directing it? It's just not something they're interested in pursuing.

Seems like the sort of that that should just get shifted over to an episodic TV show on Disney+, along with all the others being made, where there can be weekly missions/adventures, a la Baa Baa Black Sheep/Black Sheep Squadron...anyone remember that show on NBC back in the late 70's, starring Robert Conrad, about a WWII fighter squadron?
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-11-08, 23:21

Yeah, nobody asked for this.

I want Star Wars for the lightsaber duels, and Disney wants to give me Top Gun in Space.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-11-09, 00:25

Just give me The Adventures of Young Darth Vader and I'm good.

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-09, 01:40

Vader in that ~19 year stretch between episodes 3 and 4, where he’s at his strongest, most Jedi-hunting, Force-chokingest form?

I don’t know if other media explored this, but I bet that whole Padme thing ate at him all those years, especially the earlier ones just after her death and the events of episode 3.

Every time he went to that meditation chamber (or whatever it’s called) and took off the helmet and could stop acting the role for a bit, I bet that’s all he thought about.

“I killed Natalie Portman’s sweet ass…no wonder I’m such a miserable, vicious jerk to everyone around me!”
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-11-09, 02:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Just give me The Adventures of Young Darth Vader and I'm good.

Um...did you miss the prequels?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-09, 04:57

That was far more Anakin, the prequels. I think he’s talking about the post-Mustafar young Vader (helmet, armor, etc.) doing whatever he did (pursuing Rebels and hunting Jedi?) before we saw him in episode 4.

There is a 19-year span of time from when we saw him looking at an under-construction Death Star at the end of Episode 3 to floating in a tank on Mustafar in Rogue One.

He may be getting that a bit, with Hayden Christensen being part of both the upcoming Obi-Wan and Ahsoka shows on Disney+.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-11-09, 10:15

Quote:
Um...did you miss the prequels?
He was Darth Vader for how long in those movies? Better name for the series would be, ‘Vader, Jedi Hunter’.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2021-11-09, 21:37

Quote:
Yeah, nobody asked for this.

I want Star Wars for the lightsaber duels, and Disney wants to give me Top Gun in Space.
Hey, I wanted Top Gun in space!!! The Rogue Squadron/X-Wing novels were some of my favorite EU, and I've been wanting this as either an animated TV series or a movie. I was losing my shit when this movie was announced. So I'm bummed out. I'd rather have more "look at the stuff other hero types are doing" rather than big main story for awhile and I thought "the adventures of a pilot squadron" would be awesome.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-11-10, 12:19

I'm with Capella.

And if the director can't make it, find another one! I nominate Jon Favreau.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-10, 12:55

Yeah, I don't see what the problem is. Unless they swore some blood oath to Jenkins that only she was getting this project (I highly doubt it).

I just think, for whatever reason(s), no real, serious interest in the project and they've figured out a nice way to pull the plug ("scheduling conflicts"). Because if they were genuinely hot-to-trot to have this made, they likely would've announced a replacement director on the same day they announced that Jenkins wasn't able to participate.

Maybe they couldn't come up with a solid, workable and coherent script? I realize that didn't stop episodes 7-9 from being made , but those were larger, more high-profile projects that had to proceed, no matter what! These little offshoot stories are expendable, in the big scheme of things.

Maybe it gets re-tooled to a Disney+ series down the road. If that Galactic Rescue Rangers or whatever it was called got canned because of Gina Carano's ouster, there's a slot that just opened for a similar type of show. Switch over, rewrite/tweak things a bit and gear it toward an X-wing squadron.
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-11-10, 16:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella View Post
Hey, I wanted Top Gun in space!!! The Rogue Squadron/X-Wing novels were some of my favorite EU, and I've been wanting this as either an animated TV series or a movie. I was losing my shit when this movie was announced. So I'm bummed out. I'd rather have more "look at the stuff other hero types are doing" rather than big main story for awhile and I thought "the adventures of a pilot squadron" would be awesome.
Fighter pilot battles in space have already been done to death. At least twice already (the original and the reboot.)

So say we all.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-11-10, 16:30

Quote:
So say we all.
No, we don't. Amongst the best "fighter pilot battles in space" in the SW movie-verse is from Rogue One, which demonstrates that a good script coupled with good SFX can make for ever-better space dog-fights.

Bring.

It.

On!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
Frank777
Veteran Member

2021-11-10, 16:53

Counterpoint: The best fighter pilot battles in space will always be from Battlestar Galactica.

I honestly don't see what Star Wars can add that hasn't been done.

If we're going to spend another billion on a SW movie, let's break some new ground.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-11-10, 17:27

How about another Pearl Harbor movie?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-05-09, 14:09

Ahsoka has entered production!
Quote:
Time for Ahsoka Tano fans to get excited. Production on the former Jedi's live-action Disney Plus series began Monday, the official Star Wars Twitter account revealed.
It's unclear how many episodes we'll get or when the series will premiere, but it'll likely be sometime in 2023. Monday also happened to be Dawson's birthday, so hopefully Filoni organized a cake for her.
Man, I was hoping it would be sooner but I guess I'm still going to have to wait it out.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-05-09, 14:12

!!!
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-09, 14:38

Nice!

I think COVID threw a big wrench into the original timelines/plans. But, yeah...I kinda assumed it was well underway by now, but guess not. But this is good. I'm hoping things start ramping up to where, for 6-8 months of the year, there is live-action SW fare on Disney+. So far it's been a slow dribble, but some of that has been unavoidable, I know.

Again, I still don't know how Marvel has managed to put out about 27 live-action shows (or it just seems like they have) on Disney+ in the same time SW has only managed about two. Did the pandemic not exist on the Marvel side of the building?

PS - Happy birthday, Rosario. I'd love to come jump out of a cake. 🎂😉

PS 2: The Sequel - I like the Ahsoka logo on the back of that director's chair. Very snazzy.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-05-09, 14:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Again, I still don't know how Marvel has managed to put out about 27 live-action shows (or it just seems like they have) on Disney+ in the same time SW has only managed about two. Did the pandemic not exist on the Marvel side of the building? .
All one need do is have a look at the quality of work.

These Star Wars Story shows have very good continuity. Marvel is an absolute mess.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-05-09, 15:27

That is so true. There is night and day difference.

I mean, we could argue that Obi Wan is out of place based on the timelines of the recent shows, but in the grand scheme it fits because the original actors.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-05-09, 15:29

Yeah, but Obi Wan isn't intended to mesh with the current shows.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-05-09, 15:32

True.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2022-06-21, 14:58

LEGO.

Oh, dear.