User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Any way to rip music at a higher bitrate without having to re-input all the tags?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Any way to rip music at a higher bitrate without having to re-input all the tags?
leachio

2005-05-04, 21:00

I am wanting to re-rip my music at a higher bitrate as I now have more storage space.

For most of my music I have manually edited the id tags, and don't want to have to enter all this info again. Is there a way to use the tags I already have ?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-05-04, 21:05

If you insert the CD, do the tags not load automatically? What if you choose "Get CD Track Names" from the Advanced menu?

If you entered the tags for the CD before you rip the CD, iTunes will remember them and use them whenever you rip it and whenever you insert the CD in the future.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
SpecMode
Wait what

2005-05-04, 21:07

What Brad said. If you edited the tags after you ripped the CDs, I've got a feeling that you're out of luck without some kind of third-party solution.
leachio

2005-05-09, 17:59

Looks like you are right. If I want to re-rip at a higher bit-rate I must enter any tags I edited again. Ho Hum...