AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

When Time Capsule gets confused it only blocks certain sites

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
When Time Capsule gets confused it only blocks certain sites
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2010-05-28, 11:32

So I have an interesting situation that I'd like to try to better understand what's happening. When ever the TC gets a wild hair up it's butt it will block all access to certain sites/domains. I don't understand why ones will pass through but some wouldn't. I use OpenDNS for all my DNS needs so I know it's not like it's partly blocked on the DNS level. All the wired connections go though, just the wireless ones that pass through the TC.

Code:
Topography: FiOS -> SME Server -> Switch --> TC -wireless-> Airport Extreme `-> Wired systems
The connection between the TC and APE are wireless for now, though I will eventually drop a wire in that wall and make it a wired access point.

So today I was on going through my forums. I had just finished going through AN when I went to my forums for SME server. (forums.contribs.org) I'd get GlimmerBlocker's page for no domain response. I had my wife test on her MB with gymboreelistens.com but would also be blocked. However Gymboree.com isn't!

Why would my TC let certain traffic through but not others? Oh, the fix, unplug the TC or reboot via Airport Utility.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.