User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

An Idiot in need of help, quick student discount question

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
An Idiot in need of help, quick student discount question
AnIdiot

2005-08-18, 10:31

Errr...i'm an idiot i think. Basically, my school sent me a link through my personal e-mail address given by them to purchase discount stuff at the apple education store. I obviously went for the "buy a mac, get a free ipod deal." After I purchased the item, I don't think I got a student discount seeing as I don't seem to have gotten a $300 discount. The rebate ticket is fine, so I do get the ipod for free.

But my question is do I have to sign up for something to verify I'm a student? They already kinda did by asking me for my school. Also, mind you, I accessed the apple education site through my school's e-mail address site. And if I do, can I still get my student discount if I show them proof after I actually receive my school I.D. and schedule?
spillerd

2005-08-18, 12:24

I would call Apple support immediately and tell them the situation, giving proof that you are a student, and asking to either have the purchase refunded so you can start over or to give you a discount.

If they try to refuse, don't sign for the order from UPS or answer the door when they ship it. Call them and return to sender. Once you get your refund, I would try again. I bought from an Apple store which makes it a lot easier to not screw up, especially when you try to factor in discounts, coupons, and such.
The Return of the 'nut
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-08-18, 12:31

what did you buy and what was the price charged?

there is not a flat 300 dollar discount. it's usually less than that.
BenP

2005-08-18, 13:10

I heard it was always 10%.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2005-08-18, 13:25

Anything you buy from the Apple education store will have the education discount built-in. If you're not sure, then compare your purchase price with the normal retail price by going to the regular site at store.apple.com and configuring the same system.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-08-18, 13:29

By "built in", FFL means it will already be discounted before you check out, or even add it to your cart. Its not so much a discount, as a cheaper price tag - if that helps you visualize it any way.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-08-18, 13:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenP
I heard it was always 10%.
You heard wrong.
AnIdiot

2005-08-19, 00:54

Yeah. Thanx people. lol. Basically, everything was factorized in. I got a $100 discount off my ibook. I just really didn't notice it seeing as I still paid like 1,463.97 for laptop because of the damn sales tax.

I originally tried to reconfigure the computer I bought from apple like what FFL said on the regular apple store, but I kept getting the same price. Now i realize it was because everytime I opened the apple store website, it kept taking me to the educational store. Weird.

Anyway, thanx a lot people! Wish I had a bigger discount on my computer, but at least my lil bro got his free ipod..lol.
Dhump007

2005-08-19, 04:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnIdiot
Errr...i'm an idiot i think. Basically, my school sent me a link through my personal e-mail address given by them to purchase discount stuff at the apple education store. I obviously went for the "buy a mac, get a free iPod deal." After I purchased the item, I don't think I got a student discount seeing as I don't seem to have gotten a $300 discount. The rebate ticket is fine, so I do get the iPod for free.

But my question is do I have to sign up for something to verify I'm a student? They already kinda did by asking me for my school. Also, mind you, I accessed the apple education site through my school's e-mail address site. And if I do, can I still get my student discount if I show them proof after I actually receive my school I.D. and schedule?
oh !! dear i already knew about it.that U R AN IDIOT" dont try tu tell others any more