AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

The Bacon Explosion...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
The Bacon Explosion...
Page 1 of 2 [1] 2  Next Thread Tools
Mancomb Seepgood

2009-01-29, 14:27

Someone please make this.

I would but I value my cholesterol too much...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2009-01-29, 14:34

Someone, not long ago at all, linked that very thing in a thread here. I can't remember who it was, or which thread. But I know I've seen that within the past few days.

EDIT: Ha...it was AWR, towards the end of the "compelling minor news stories" thread (he posted it yesterday...no wonder it seemed recent/familiar to me).

thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2009-01-29, 14:42

Bacon sandwiches. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

Honey any chance of a bacon sarny?................what was that sweetheart, I didn't quite catch that, tomato ketchup, yes please.
eventhorizon

2009-01-29, 14:43

Going to be making one for a cookoff this Saturday...I'll let you know how it goes.
Mancomb Seepgood

2009-01-29, 15:03

Pictures please...
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2009-01-29, 15:11

GodDAMN that looks tasty! I'd probably have a myocardial infarction shortly afterwards, but I'd die with a smile on my face.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2009-01-29, 15:12

I'd love to make one of them.

It looks absolutely delicious.

Bacon and sausage. How could you go wrong?
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2009-01-29, 15:18

Last week, I had an epic experience with chicken wrapped in bacon:

turbulentfurball
Right Honourable Member

Send a message via ICQ to turbulentfurball Send a message via AIM to turbulentfurball Send a message via MSN to turbulentfurball  
2009-01-29, 15:23

Anyone here played Resistance 2 multiplayer?

Every time I hear the Chimeran voice say 'Seize control of the beacon' I hear bacon in my head.
¡Damned!

2009-01-29, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans View Post
Last week, I had an epic experience with chicks wrapped in bacon:
So did I!

(NSFW)
Spoiler (click to toggle):
Mancomb Seepgood

2009-01-29, 16:22

Now that's porking a girl!
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2009-01-29, 17:07

They're going to be making one on Fox 29 here in Philly tomorrow morning. They just announced it in their Twitter feed.

Wow, never thought I'd say that. Getting news from a Twitter feed.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-01-29, 19:40

Greatest Bacon Thread ™ Ever!
murbot
Hoonigan

2009-01-29, 20:50

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-01-29, 21:05

Bacon-bra FTW. Nothing like trichinosis and tits to cure what ails you.
lightning_bug

Send a message via AIM to lightning_bug  
2009-01-29, 21:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
Bacon-bra FTW. Nothing like trichinosis and tits to cure what ails you.
Put both pictures together, and you have a bacon-i.

*rimshot*
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2009-01-30, 00:05

I'll show you a bacon explosion... those pics might help
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2009-01-30, 00:22

alc put up a recipe for stuffed pork chops a while ago and it's likely the cousin to this thing. Awesome!

Edit: Found it.

Last edited by turtle : 2009-01-30 at 11:10. Reason: Added link to old post.
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2009-01-30, 08:42

I would try some of that. I know I'm mostly avoiding meat, but my secret love for bacon means I would absolutely need to try just a piece. Mmm.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder
¡Damned!

2009-01-30, 09:47

I saw this Jim Gaffigan bit on Conan a while back: Bacon

Hilarious.
Foj
Veteran Member

2009-01-30, 20:39

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2009-01-31, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post

Hilarious.
That is legendary bacon comedy. When I first saw that I sent it to probably 20 people.

BTW, for those in their late 30s and 40s who must think about such things, I think an acceptable name alternative for this meal is the "Arterial Explosion".

...into the light of a dark black night.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2009-01-31, 13:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
YES! I saw him live last fall and I've been meaning to look that bit up since. Thanks!
Freewell

2009-02-01, 03:09

OH MY!! My husband saw this and said that all he would need is a slice and he'd be in Heaven! (literally.)
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2009-08-08, 06:47

The ultimate tactical accessory, the new Tactical Bacon from CMMG ® is simply amazing. Kept in an aluminum can for a shelf life of 10+ years, the CMMG ® Tactical Bacon is more affordable than other pre-cooked bacon producers, who offer no tactical packaging for their product. Including 9 ounces (approx 54 slices) of pre-cooked bacon goodness, comparable to 3 pounds of raw bacon, the CMMG ® Tactical Bacon is perfect for camping trips, survival situations, a snack at the range, zombie attacks, and many other apocalyptic scenarios. Able to be eaten cold, or heated up, CMMG ® Tactical Bacon is sure to please bacon lovers of all ages.
Seriously. Thread. Store.

Still no Strategic Bacon, though. And no bacon for whoever spellchecked the label.

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
SpecMode
Wait what

2009-08-08, 08:43

I wonder if they ship these internationally...
Mac+
9" monochrome

2009-08-08, 19:47

You guys have seen the B-AK 47 right?
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2010-12-10, 08:47

Mmmmmm.... Bacon Beer.

Quote:

There's a world of unusual beers out there just waiting to be discovered. Photograph: Louie Psihoyos/Getty Images/Science Faction Jewels
Some of the beers are relatively normal: a Chilli IPA; a hop-free ale with yarrow, turmeric, bay and lemon balm; Shellfish Stout, brewed with oysters, cockles and mussels (oyster stout is a traditional style, many of them brewed with actual molluscs); a beer brewed with seawater; a Barley Tikka Vindaloo which includes chilli, ginger, coriander, cumin, cardamom and fennel; and one with added apple juice and crushed blackcurrants to recreate the perennial student favourite: Snakebite and Black.

But then there's one based on Black Forest Gateau. A West Country White Ale, a recreation of a medieval beer style which contains eggs and flour. Heston's Offal Ale includes liver, kidneys and heart (meat ales aren't entirely new). And Jellyfish Red which, given what we already know, probably doesn't need much explanation.

Brewing is art and science; if you know the science then you can play with creativity and a curious mind. That's what Howe is doing with his weekly series of beers; he's applying what he knows about beer to what he wants to know and having some fun in the process. "I'd be really interested in using blood plasma in a beer but that's a little too extreme," he says. "I've got a hallucinogenic beer with wormwood and "unnamed botanicals" coming up in a few weeks. I'm really looking forward to that."

History has seen many different ingredients added to beer but more unusual ingredients are starting to find their way into brew pots and bottles around the world. Bacon beers have seen a strange increase in popularity in the US, some using smoked malt and others using actual bacon. Goose Island brewed Maple Bacon Stout with maple syrup and bacon and the appropriately named Uncommon Brewers in California have Bacon Brown which has a faintly smoky aroma and flavour which adds an interesting complexity to the beer.

Chilli beer is also growing in popularity. Some of these play with the fruitiness of chilli, including Crown Brewery's Ring of Fire, a strong ale with a leading sweetness and a fruity, floral, spicy finish that doesn't blow smoke from your ears. However, other chilli beers seem intent on destroying your tongue with a Scoville scythe; the ultimate in undrinkable novelty beers.

Dogfish Head, whose motto is "off-centred ales for off-centred people", brew Chicha, a particularly yuck-inducing corn beer native to Central and South America. Their version contains pink Peruvian peppercorns, yellow maize, purple maize and strawberries, but it's how it's made which really marks this one as different: the process involves "the salivation of corn to convert the starch into fermentable sugar". The maize is chewed (an enzyme in saliva helps to break down the starch), spat out and formed into "cakes" which are left to dry before being added to the brew kettle (there's a video of the process here).

And there's more. Mamma Mia Pizza Beer contains tomato, garlic, basil and oregano. A number of beers are infused with tobacco or cigar smoke - Opperbacco's 10 e Lode Extra Vecchio and Birra del Borgo Keto. Lost Abbey's Gift of the Magi is a golden beer brewed with myrrh and bittered with the bark of frankincense. Short's Brewery in Michigan combine beers and desserts: they make Key Lime Pie which contains "fresh limes, milk sugar, graham crackers, and marshmallow fluff," their Bananas n Blow is made with real bananas and cocoa, and PB & J is a blend of peanut stout with fruit beer.

Cannabis is a relative of the hop plant and hemp is added to a number of beers, though not all are as brazenly labelled as Cannabia. Pumpkin ale is an autumn seasonal and Cambridge Brewing, Massachusetts, hold a pumpkin beer festival each year – last year's beer list shows how creative one can get with a squash and a brewplant.

Mikkeller's Beer Geek Brunch Weasel is an imperial oatmeal stout made with kopi luwak coffee, and a quick tour of Japan adds wasabi beer, miso beer and a beer made with 30% milk which one RateBeer reviewer describes as "interesting but basically vile", called Bilk.

... continues ...
Maple Bacon Stout seems to only be available from Goose Island breweries in Chicago... but it isn't even on their website.
Ditto with the Bacon Brown from Uncommon Beers in California.
You Yankee Novans will have to pursue them locally and report back.

Mmmmmm.... Bacon Beer....

All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2010-12-10, 10:44

I still want someone to make me this Bacon Explosion. Maybe I'll get to it in the spring....
Foj
Veteran Member

2010-12-10, 17:46

With Christmas around the corner, it's just the right time for a bacon nativity scene.

A knife and a fork, a bottle and a cork, that's the way to spell New York.