Page 1 of 14 [1] 2 3 4 5  Next Last Thread Tools
GladToBeHere

2006-02-21, 12:43

Just saw this... real this time?

http://weblogs.jupiterresearch.com/a...es/013893.html

BlueRabbit
Veteran Member

2006-02-21, 12:53

Oh God, not another one. I'm beginning to think that Apple's trying to desensitize us to all of their special event things.

Although I certainly wouldn't mind the invite being real, for once.

FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2006-02-21, 12:54

where's da mockups?
:smokey:

bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2006-02-21, 13:14

OK kids, it's time to start jumping up and down like idiots when you see what Apple has for you!

Looks like Tuesday is the new Tuesday again.

JayReding

2006-02-21, 13:15

Yes, indeed it is legit...

"Fun" new products... hmmm... I'm thinking we're finally going to see the long-awaited Intel-based iPod socks...

shatteringglass

2006-02-21, 13:18

This is all too much now. My checkbook can't take anymore!

Partial
Stallion

2006-02-21, 13:20

iBook core duo at 999 baby! I will be ordering it that day!!

GladToBeHere

2006-02-21, 13:28

By looks of the invitation, it's a desk calendar!

defaultmike

2006-02-21, 13:32

yes, I know it´s cliché, but with all the patents registered lately, I´m thinking we´ll see something along the lines of a Tablet or pda with an "ipod twist".

remember kids, you heard it here first!

not really :P

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-21, 13:37

I'm betting it'll be those iPod-related doo-dads that got shelved at the last minute before the MWSF keynote (according to all the rumors and inside info as to why the keynote ran a bit short and "empty").

I really doubt it's any new Intel-based Macs.

"Come see some fun new products from Apple" sounds really lame, and if it hadn't already been confirmed on other sites, that headline alone screamed "FAKE!" to me.

So pedestrian and "blah". Usually they're a bit more clever or sideways in their taglines and so forth. The above, instead, sounds like a come-on for Fisher-Price or Toys R Us.

But yeah...iPod gizmos. I'd bet the farm. If I had a farm.

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-02-21, 14:10

iPod gizmos? I'm out of the loop on the rumors, what's going on? You don't think it will be *the* iPod video?

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-21, 14:17

There was talk of an iPod boombox several months ago. Things like that. And more socks.

Ominx

2006-02-21, 14:25

I actually think it will be an Intel based ibook. My reason...the rebates out there (Amazon) for the MacBook Pro have valid purchase dates ending, yea you guessed it February 28th. Apple may have received enough pre-order sales for the MacBook Pro that they now feel they can release the Intel ibook without canabalizing sales. I believe Amazon is the leading authorized reseller for Apple, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had let them in on this date. Sure, it could be a coincidence, but it's more fun to think it's not.

MrENGLISH™
HerrDEUTSCH™

2006-02-21, 14:26

Here's a PREVIEW!!!

Last edited by MrENGLISH™ : 2006-02-21 at 14:42.

JayReding

2006-02-21, 14:27

Apple has never had a special event for something as prosaic as accessories - at least not that I can remember.

Given that they gave an invite to iLounge, it's pretty well assured that there's something iPod related involved. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that the iPod 5G was indeed a test to see if video has taken off - which it has, and on the 28th we'll get the much-rumored iPod video.

Or Madonna-themed pink iPod legwarmer socks...

chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-02-21, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimation
Old and not that funny at all.

MrENGLISH™
HerrDEUTSCH™

2006-02-21, 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
Old and not that funny at all.
I guess that's why your name is "Chucker" and not "Chuckle"

Mac Donald

2006-02-21, 14:40

New iPod Shuffles and New iBooks & Mac Minis. No real surprises. Video iPod waits 'til 30th anniversary. Touch Screen Mac, or Tablet Mac/PDA hybrid --- not this year, folks.

Book it.

Someone hacked my signature. I demand an investigation.

Rolo

Possibilities:

True video iPod with larger screen, 3.5" or 4", 40/80GB
iPod BoomBox with wireless remote speakers
AirPort Express with video

And then there are all the other rumors but I kept the short list to the "fun" stuff.

ghoti
owner for sale by house

Looks legit this time

¡Damned!

2006-02-21, 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
"Come see some fun new products from Apple" sounds really lame, and if it hadn't already been confirmed on other sites, that headline alone screamed "FAKE!" to me.
Word. That's just so....ugh. Jesus. Their marketing department is really sucking ass lately.

"I dont wants teh Mac...I wants teh Mac Pro! I'm teh PRO!"

Fuck.

So it goes.

ZachPruckowski

2006-02-21, 14:46

Also mentioned here. It looks like it's for real. I wonder what time it is, my tuesdays are pretty free. Maybe I'll hit the Macrumors IRC channel again. ::Crosses fingers for iBook:: My sister will be buying one.

torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2006-02-21, 14:47

What about that set-top box that was talked about? The Mac Mini 2.0?

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-02-21, 14:51

Think Secret covered their ass with their rumor roundup BS. Could be this, this, and this. It's like circling all 4 multiple choice answers and later saying you were correct because B was the right answer.

FUCK!

"We are reviewing some 9,000 recent UNHCR referrals from Syria. We are receiving roughly a thousand new ones each month, and we expect admissions from Syria to surge in 2015 and beyond." - Anne C. Richard, Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-21, 14:54

True, torifile.

Could be any of about 6-7 different things, I suppose:

- Intel Mac mini
- Intel iBook
- Boombox/living room/streaming thing
- Touch screen thing of some sort (I won't say the "T" word)
- Some groovy new software (unlikely)
- iPod shuffle (of course!)
- Some Super Cool New Thing That None Of Us Have Imagined Yet And Probably Never Could™

psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2006-02-21, 14:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiahtosh
Think Secret covered their ass with their rumor roundup BS. Could be this, this, and this. It's like circling all 4 multiple choice answers and later saying you were correct because B was the right answer.
Why is that a horrible thing? They've haven't signed some agreement to always know everything, and provide us with the goods. They're just an online rumor site. Better than most, sure. But not perfect. And it ain't like we're paying for some "accuracy service" from them.

Of all things to get torqued-up over...

Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2006-02-21, 14:58

Just bugs me that they'll take credit for something that isn't a reflection of their sources

ZachPruckowski

2006-02-21, 15:03

Quote:
Why is that a horrible thing? They've haven't signed some agreement to always know everything, and provide us with the goods. They're just an online rumor site. Better than most, sure. But not perfect. And it ain't like we're paying for some "accuracy service" from them.

Of all things to get torqued-up over...

Yeah, but saying "We predict that Apple will release some sort of Macintosh or iPod product, or possibly something else " at a special event is like saying "I predict that you will breathe in the next hour or so". I mean, they really aren't narrowing it down too much except to say that it isn't going to be a Power Mac.

EDIT: Exact TS quote: "new Intel-based Macs or iPods are expected."

tacvbo83

2006-02-21, 15:20

can't wait for the new stuff....I might end up cancelling my MacBook Pro (est. shipping March 21) if I like something that day...so Apple, HURRY UP or be canceled!

zippy
Veteran Member

2006-02-21, 15:22

Quote:

So pedestrian and "blah". Usually they're a bit more clever or sideways in their taglines and so forth. The above, instead, sounds like a come-on for Fisher-Price or Toys R Us.
I would agree, but then it makes me wonder if that isn't the point. Make it sound really pedestrian, and then knock peoples sock's off with some really great stuff. Maybe they are trying to keep expectations low so that they can actually exceed them for the first time in a while.