User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Mac Mini pausing 10secs before startup chime?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Mac Mini pausing 10secs before startup chime?
MagSafe

2007-01-01, 08:41

Hi there,

As the thread title says, i'm just wondering about my Mac Mini when its starting up. Usually I would shut down by Mini and the next morning it would immediatley play the chime and then start to load OS X. Now its waiting about 10secs before it even does anything and then suddenly it'll jump into action?

Ok ... and now after none of my applications are loading? They are all just bouncing in the dock and then not responding?

Help!

Edit: Just after submitting this thread I shut down, pressed the power button and it chimed instantly? All programs are working and everything is perfect. Very strange though, as yesterday morning it took 10secs as well.

Edit: (again) I was just thinking, it *could* be due to the constant bad weather we've been having for the past few days, thunder and lightening causing the lights to flicker and all sorts. I've got my setup on a nice 10-gang surge protector so heres hoping it hasen't caused any major damage!

Find me on Twitter: @StevenMcLintock

Last edited by MagSafe : 2007-01-01 at 10:58.