Password

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iMac G5
Page 12 of 12 First Previous 8 9 10 11 [12]  Thread Tools
Paul
Veteran Member

2005-03-06, 13:31

you are not alone

I had trouble with the applecare that I bought with it not registering automatically as well... I actually had to call a few times to get it resolved. But now I'm all set with 4 years of applecare (see my above posting). They just need to send out TTD4 and the AppleCare CDs...

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)
hl tan

2005-03-07, 23:16

I do hope that Apple will come through for me, but for now, it seems that i cannot trust Apple anymore.First, why did such a 'reliable' producy fail twice? Next, why was contacting them so difficult and lastly, they failed to see through this case committedly. So Apple really rots here......
Paul
Veteran Member

2005-03-07, 23:29

wait, you said there were two separate problems-but you only mention the logic board problem... are you sure the problem was fixed in the first place? I wasn't able to place the problem until the computer completed refused to stop working, but I had been having problems for a few weeks before it stopped...

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-03-07, 23:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl tan
I do hope that Apple will come through for me, but for now, it seems that i cannot trust Apple anymore.First, why did such a 'reliable' producy fail twice? Next, why was contacting them so difficult and lastly, they failed to see through this case committedly. So Apple really rots here......
Every time I've had a problem, Apple's come through for me. My brother had a situation similar (though not as bad) as BarrackSi and also got a free iBook G4 out of it. That was 2.5 years after his purchase.

It takes some perseverance and some polite firmness to get what you need but I bet you'll be happy in the end. Like I said, I've never been unsatisfied with Apple's after purchase service.
Quagmire
meh

2005-03-07, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl tan

Apple came through for me for the 1st time I needed apple service for 11 years of use of Apple products. Sent iPod in Wednesday and got a brand new one Saturday. Only one hiccup which was fixed by a system restore and it works perfectly.

giggity
hl tan

2005-03-08, 02:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
wait, you said there were two separate problems-but you only mention the logic board problem... are you sure the problem was fixed in the first place? I wasn't able to place the problem until the computer completed refused to stop working, but I had been having problems for a few weeks before it stopped...
Yap, the 1st required a PMU reset (although I tried the 4 buttons command on reset) by a technician even though it was initially suspected as a logic board failure. 3 weeks later, it really is a logic board problem.
hl tan

2005-03-08, 02:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile
Every time I've had a problem, Apple's come through for me. My brother had a situation similar (though not as bad) as BarrackSi and also got a free iBook G4 out of it. That was 2.5 years after his purchase.

It takes some perseverance and some polite firmness to get what you need but I bet you'll be happy in the end. Like I said, I've never been unsatisfied with Apple's after purchase service.

I was polite to them and when I purchased my iMac, I also purchased an AppleCare. However, when I called the helpline, they refused to provide assistance as they insisted that I did not register for the AppleCare (although the local office have confirmed that my particulars are indeed in the database). Worse, the helpline was routed to India and the customer service to Australia and hence, it was difficult for anyone to follow up the case. The custome service just sweeps the issue off saying that they will check all issues but the next moment, they will send an email saying that I still need to register 1st (happened twice). When I emailed them queries, there would be no reply. Thus after numerous 'ding ding dongs dings' or being passed around, I believe anyone would get irritated especiallly when you spend more time trying to sort out the administartive stuff (would should not even have occurred) than the broken down com.

Also, I was informed that there was a shortage of logic board and my Mac cannot be serviced.

Last edited by hl tan : 2005-03-08 at 02:50. Reason: Addition of comments