iMovie Can't Find Files
Hey guys, you know I love ya. Ok, so I used to love iMovie. Here's the deal: I haven't used the program in a month or so. This week, I decided I better get on the ball and do some editing of my home movies.
I started up iMovie 05, which has been updated with the lasted patch, and I imported some DV clips to iMovie that I had stored on my hard drive. I did some small editing and saved the file. A day later, I went to open the file again and it gives me "Amanda's Graduation (the clips I was using) cannot be found, delete, ignore?". So I thought, hmm, strange. So I tried to make the movie again, same thing happened. To try and figure this out, I have tried the following to my mac mini:
1. I used different clips that I had stored on my mini.
2. I moved the clips to a different location on my hard drive.
3. I repaired and verified my permissions.
4. I tried just importing the movie and adding no effects whatsoever.
5. I re-installed iMovie, (twice) once not updating to the lastest patch.
6. I downloaded a program called 'CacheX' that removes the temp files supposedly.
7. I created a new USER, thinking there might be a problem with the user files.
8. I then went overkill and re-installed Tiger.
And still, everytime I try to make an iMovie, as soon as I try to reopen a file I was working with, I get the error that the DV files can't be found.
I'm at a loss guys. I have no idea why iMovie won't work correctly. My specs are: Mac Mini 1.25, 512mb Ram, 80gig hard drive, OSX Tiger with lastest patch, & all of my software has been updated using the Updater.
Any and whatever help you can offer, I'm all ears
Mac Mini 1.0
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Recovered files in trash||csb||Genius Bar||2||2005-05-15 11:48|
|need help with wav files||dtratcliffe||Genius Bar||1||2005-05-11 13:09|
|iMovie help||MrWill||Genius Bar||0||2005-04-04 20:20|
|Joining MPEG 2 files with AC3||Ebby||Genius Bar||0||2004-11-13 03:46|
|iMovie question...||oldmacfan||Genius Bar||2||2004-10-19 18:12|