Post your computer setup pic
Page 3 of 48 Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  Next Last Thread Tools
staph
Microbial member

Send a message via AIM to staph  
2004-08-20, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Urmm I am going to have nightmares about you being burried alive under all those books... Looks kinda top-heavy!!

It certainly is. Those are mostly history texts too, so they're nice and heavy. Perched up the top, immediately above the main monitor is Bronitt and McSherry's Principles of Criminal Law, poised to give a whole new meaning to the majesty of Justice.

Yeah, I have too many books. I kind of have to pile them up. What you can't see are the other shelves, and the heaps on the floor.

I'm touched by your concern, btw.
BenRoethig

2004-08-20, 11:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
Mine as of three weeks ago.

And a bonus, for Gibson fans.

How well does that iCurve work? I'm thinking about one for my iBook.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-20, 12:07

Yeah, it's the best $39 I ever spent (well, as far as you guys know... ). Yes, sturdy as can be and I wouldn't go back to the "PowerBook on the desk" days again.

Has little "sticky" pads (not really sticky, just provide awesome grip) built into the arms, and my PowerBook doesn't budge. They do include, for worrywart types, two little quarter-sphere "bumpers" you can stick on the end of the arms, giving a little stopping point, for extra security/peace of mind. But I've had this iCurve for most of 2004 and I've never once worried about the PowerBook sliding off. It simply won't...those little adhesive grips really seem to snag the bottom of the PowerBook! But it's not truly "stuck on", because you can lift the PowerBook off and the iCurve doesn't come with it.

Get one.

The iCurve, along with an external keyboard, made a HUGE difference in how I used my PowerBook. It instantly became a comfortable, fun-to-use computer, and my neck/shoulder pains went away almost instantly!

I've slid my PowerBook down an inch further to where I can't see the protruding arms...as I'm sitting at my PowerBook, I can't see any trace of the iCurve and it looks like the PowerBook is truly floating 6" or so off my desk!

I highly recommend the Griffin iCurve! Made all the difference in the world...
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2004-08-20, 19:45

What he said.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-08-20, 19:51

My iCurve + Wireless Keyboard/Mouse was the best "peripheral" combo I bought for my powerbook. There is an abundance of space on my desk now, and it is much more comfortable to use. The iCurve combo makes a world of difference. Paul is right. .. as usual

User formally known as Sh0eWax
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2004-08-20, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guardo
Thanks NosferaDrew - looking forward to it....
Messy, but it's practically home.

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-08-20, 23:55

VERY nice... what do you do for a living that requires those beauties?
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2004-08-21, 00:14

Audio Engineer (Mixer/Editor) at a motion picture studio.

My boss is a gear whore and must have all the best toys. It's a great job and a very fun place to work.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-21, 08:34

If you gotta be a whore, that would be the best kind!

Beats the "crack" and "spec" variety!
El Guardo

Send a message via AIM to El Guardo Send a message via MSN to El Guardo Send a message via Yahoo to El Guardo  
2004-08-21, 20:26

Thank you NosferaDrew....
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-08-21, 23:21

Not even a desk! Haha.
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2004-08-22, 02:41

how come your powerbook charging cable is white? is it an ibook charger or do powerbooks come with white chargers?
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

2004-08-22, 02:46

Maybe the cable is different in other countries, but my iBook and my PowerBook cables are both white.
usurp
High Monarch of MacDebate

2004-08-22, 03:20

yeah i just checked my brothers 12inch pbook and its also white. how ugly of apple. couldnt take make different grey cables for the powerbook?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-22, 08:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeDude
http://homepage.mac.com/ryantann/PhotoAlbum23.html

I'm building a custom desk, and here's a photo album that will show how its going. I'll update it as I finish.

Here's what its basically going to look like:

edit: ASCII art doesn't scale well from TextEdit.

The legs are actually bookshelves, and so is the thing on top. The table is birch plywood.
OMG...that's BEAUTIFUL!
Koodari
Veteran Member

2004-08-22, 08:48

I have a VGA converter/switch which is sharing both the 19" CRT and the lousy speakers between my old RH/W2K PC and the PS2. The Powerbook only has power and mouse (MX700) connected, the net connection is via the SMC router you see between monitor and PS2. The PC is attached to the router with wiring, and the router is attached to a 100Mb wall socket

Jasoco

2004-08-25, 03:30

These were taken over 8 months ago and are a wee bit out of date. I've added hundreds more games and tons of stuff since then, but am too lazy to clean up the huge mess to take newer pictures.

The Full Page
The Current Listing of all my Games
My History of my Desktop.. er.. Screenshots

The computer is currently in another place as is the TV. There is a second older iMac next to my main machine. Bondi 333, serves my web site. And in a week or two, I will have an iBook in there as well. And maybe an iPod.. who knows?

Edited: Fixed images. Sorry for the trouble

Last edited by Jasoco : 2004-08-27 at 00:10.
HHogan

Send a message via AIM to HHogan  
2004-08-26, 07:34

^^^ I see Red Xs
Jasoco

2004-08-26, 12:35

Bad timing. I host my site from my home. And it's all connected via a LinkSys router. But of course, yesterday the Router's Firmware decides to give up. And in order to UPDGRADE it, I need a PC. And none of the damn PC's in this house will connect directly to the modem to download the damn firmware upgrade.

So until Dad comes home with the copies, I am without site.

Either way, I might be moving it all to an actual server soon. Sad, I can no longer use my "Powered by OS X" image. It'll have to be "Powered by Linux". But it's a great host.

http://www.jasoco.net is probably where it'll get moved to. Sadly, it was nice having it right on my computer. And has been over a year since I started hosting my own site, but time to move on. I'll repost the pictures when I am able to.

Last edited by Jasoco : 2004-08-26 at 12:41.
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-08-26, 12:44

In terms of reliability, there's nothing like off-site hosting. At least for small peepls like us.

Escher
Jasoco

2004-08-26, 12:50

Up until now I had no problems at all. But I'm thinking it's time to move on. It's a nice host for 400MB for $4 a month and a boat load of features. (I already installed a phpBB Forum in 5 seconds and have full access to all the files. I plan on integrating it into the site as a Comments section. Plus eMail and lots more.) Not to Spam, www.fourbucks.net is really nice.

The days of my Comcast and iMac hosting are over. The questions remains, should I sell or keep Heather? Bought her for $100 to specifically host my website. Bondi Rev. C iMac. I kinda hate to let her go so I'll have to find a use for her. Maybe a file server.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2004-08-26, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
OMG...that's BEAUTIFUL!

So there.

I haven't quite finished(obviously), but I did plug in my DSL modem and Airport, so I can use my eMac and Powerbook to get on the internet.

The tabletop is 30"x84". Plenty of space. The bookshelves are solid pine, bought for 100 each at a local furniture store. The top is birch plywood, with a pine trim around it. Nothing holding it together, but I need to add some support in the back, as it bends a bit because its too long to support itself.

I haven't added the shelves to the bookshelves yet(forgot where I put the things that hold them in place), and the third bookshelf has yet to be bought. Other than that, and a few desk accessories, not to mention finding new homes for everything, I'm done.

Last edited by Ryan : 2004-08-26 at 20:12.
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-08-26, 20:27

Well this is my first time posting my setup pic. .. be nice. .
PS. this is at my new place. ..
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-08-26, 20:37

I like that you can't tell who your computer is, because of the mask!

Hey, is that a violin case? Looks to short/stubby to be a guitar case (that bottom part starts to flare out really quickly from the top...but, then again, I might be viewing it wrong). What is it?
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-08-26, 20:48

It's a violin, good guess.

Sadly I lost interest in playing some time ago. . .

Oh, and if anyone was wondering. . . No, that is not a Windows box in the picture. . .

no sig, how's that for being a rebel!
DrGruv

2004-08-26, 21:23

I have an L-shaped desk area. Pics From Left to Right.

- Michael Droste Itunes Link Stop By: TrumpetStudio.com or SaveThePlanetSong.org Some Main Gear: AT4050, Dual 1.8 G4, Logic, Waves Plat, Waves SSL, Tritone, URS, PSP, Zebra, BFD, RND, Sony Oxford, Altiverb...
Jasoco

2004-08-27, 00:12

My Pictures are fixed. Sorry for the trouble. ^^^
Cybermonkey

2004-08-27, 04:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by \/\/ickes
It's a violin, good guess.

Sadly I lost interest in playing some time ago. . .

Oh, and if anyone was wondering. . . No, that is not a Windows box in the picture. . .
That monitor must hurt your eyes vvickes.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-08-27, 04:50

I have a pic now. I just moved back in and am still setting up equipment, but that's my beautiful desk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg locash_setup.jpg (188.4 KB, 896 views)
¡Damned!

2004-08-27, 07:09

You must have a lot of cats...those scratching posts are HUGE.