User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

iPhoto slideshow distorts aspect ratios

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhoto slideshow distorts aspect ratios
newt

2005-06-05, 19:19

On my 20" widescreen display, everytime I try to have a slideshow, instead of displaying my pictures normally like the preview program does, iPhoto stretches them out to make them widescreen. Is there any way to disable this? I've tried all of the settings, but nothing works. Maybe I missed something. Any help would be appreciated.
Voxapps

Send a message via AIM to Voxapps  
2005-06-06, 00:16

Here's what works with iPhoto 4: click on "Organize" so your photo library is displayed; click on the "Slideshow" icon at the bottom of the screen; under "Settings", uncheck "Scale photos to fill screen".

You can never justify the cost of building a bridge by counting the number of people swimming across the river.
Heart

2005-08-14, 18:23

This is similar to my problem, so decided against starting a new thread...

In previous versions of iPhoto, it was possible to view slideshows on my 17" widescreen iMac where the photos could be:
a) stretched to fill the entire screen, but distorting the photo a little
b) enlarged to fill the entire screen, losing some portions of the photo that are beyond the monitor's dimensions (which is the setting I want)

In iPhoto '05, I can no longer do this; there is now always a distracting border displayed. I have already checked the 'scale photos to fit screen' in the slideshow options, but this seems to have no effect whether it's checked or not. There is also the option to choose how you would like the slideshow displayed: Current display, 4:3 TV, and 16:9 widescreen. None of these options display the photos without a distracting border. The boyf said to delete the iPhoto preference file, but that had no effect. My photos are all 1600x1200; larger than the 1440x900 display.

So... if anyone knows how to overcome this, or if I've missed something blindingly obvious