User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

ultra slim lcd tv

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
ultra slim lcd tv
tannenhauser

2006-07-26, 12:59

so i am looking at getting a flat panel lcd tv. i want something that is super super slim and is 23"-27"

everything ive found so far is 4" deep which in my opinion is not very slim at all... if anyone out there knows of a television that is slimmer than 4" please let me know!!

thanks!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-07-26, 16:19

I think Samsung's LCDs (which are awesome) are just under 3" thin, but I"m not sure if that fits your definition of "super super slim."

LCD TVs are less thin than LCD computer monitors because they have to fit a TV tuner and more inputs back there (not to mention they usually feature beefier speakers). If you're looking for a 1" thin LCD TV, you're probably not going to find it (at least for any reasonable price).

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2006-07-26, 16:21

How about buying an ACD 30 inch to use as a plasma. They are super thin and look the part
tannenhauser

2006-07-26, 16:24

how would i be able to use the acd as a plasma? wouldnt i need to attached a tv tuner and a cable box to it?

and also, is there a way to wallmount the acd?
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2006-07-26, 16:27

Hmm, you could get a cheap Mac Mini as well with the EyeTV card, which integrates into Front Row and have the most slamming setup ever. Imagine that Front Row menu on your wall. drool.

Ooh a wall mount: http://www.flickr.com/photos/interceptor/138868346/ Again, Drool.

And they are VESA compatible, as far as I know.
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-07-26, 16:48

I think the Mac mini only works with the 20" and 23".
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-07-26, 16:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsrookie
I think the Mac mini only works with the 20" and 23".
True. And don't plan on gaming with your expensive (but slim!) EyeTV/Mac mini/Cinema Display monster: there would be a lag with the TV tuner that would render gaming impossible. But TV watching would be fine.

And Farenheit is right: The Cinema Displays are VESA mount compatible.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong