User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Maps! Welcome to your world!
Page 13 of 25 First Previous 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-12-24, 11:34

So in case you guys haven't noticed: Merry (early) Christmas! Maps are back and automated again. Enjoy!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2014-01-08, 16:09

Is there a map issue again? mcmaps.applenova.com just takes me to the archive maps post.
¡Damned!

2014-01-08, 16:16

That's what happens when the maps are being rebuilt now instead of the "check back later" screen.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-01-08, 20:33

Yeah, I thought about putting back the check back later but it seems nice to have a push back to the archive for those looking for a map. I can change it back to the basic message if anyone would rather that. Any opinions?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2014-01-10, 23:45

It was a little weird at first since that page was the default when the maps were broken, but once I figured it out that it was now the "hold on a minute" default while the new maps were being generated I actually preferred it to the static page.

So it goes.
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2014-01-11, 18:04

So a short and sweet project: as was discussed a long while ago, I have just moved the beacon at the space needle deep underground (far deeper than needed, but bedrocks' bedrock) so we all benefit from its speed/healing around the market area in town. I didn't think any of the other buffs were appropriate. I did have to modify the tower a bit (sorry, 709), but other than adjusting the stairs to the portal and removing a piece of glowstone at the top its the same old tower, now with buffs...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-01-12, 08:19

So the maps couldn't keep up from the original run after the lighting of the portals. I had to disable the automation of the process and run it manually so the maps can run without a second instance running that deletes the world files.

It should upload completely once this one finishes.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-01-12, 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
.....have just moved the beacon at the space needle deep underground (far deeper than needed, but bedrocks' bedrock) so we all benefit from its speed/healing around the market area in town...
Wut?

There's speed healing? Any instructions? Do we stand inside of a beam or something?

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2014-01-12, 10:20

Just stand in the general area (i boosted the power to maximum), your health bar will shake. And it's not speed healing... It's speed and healing.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-01-12, 21:41

So for some reason there is an issue with the first map page. I'm going to clear it's cache and start over with it. This means the regularly scheduled maps will not auto-update as they have been while this happens. Sorry but I have to disable to scripted version while this goes on or it will delete the world files.

Also, I'm going to make a post in this thread with the archive lists and more specifics about why you're being redirected here instead of the static page I used to use. (That's actually an accident that I forgot to fix, kinda glad it seems to be liked though.)

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-01-12, 22:39

If you are seeing this post the you are either passing through AppleNova and see this as a new post or you have been directed here by the maps page due to an update!

Here is a list of the archived maps to keep you from being too bored and not seeing the newest updates that are being uploaded right now:
The above is a list of the worlds that are archived as well as the current world that will be fairly out of date. The idea is it's archived weekly for the sake of a basic reference. Enjoy it while the current map is being updated! Once the map gets done updating you will no longer be redirected to this post. Feel free to surf AppleNova in the mean time though.

Last edited by turtle : 2014-01-12 at 22:50.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-01-12, 22:56

Dammit. I was hoping to see the new map - why do you torture us so, Turtle???

¡Damned!

2014-01-13, 23:05

It was up for a bit a few hours ago. Maybe we're in the update cycle at the moment.

Also, wooden rollercoaster? How old is that screenshot?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-01-19, 01:22

FYI, It looks like the map hasn't been updating for the last day or so. The top-down view appears to have updated at some point, but the others are sill old even though the little home icon has a more recent timestamp.

edit: Now it looks like the third view, "LayerC", is the only one out of date.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-01-19, 13:12

Yeah, there was an issue with the map generation thatI was working through when you did your edit. All should be good now and going forward. Check again after the 3PM update, so around 5 PM or so.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-01-19, 13:13

Not sure if you did something T, but it looks like the maps that were lagging behind are now up to date. Thanks!

edit: Dang! Snuck in before me by one minute!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-02-15, 14:20

Maps may be down for a bit. I'm moving my home office from one room to a new one. This means many services will be down during that time. It won't impact the game server at all, just maps and backup archiving. I'll get them back up soon, but again, I'm unplugging stuff so stuff might not work.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-02-16, 00:14

Everything is back up if you haven't checked lately. The only thing I'm doing now is moving the maps from my NAS to one of my other servers. Not a big deal, just changing things on my side and changing how they are synced.

While I was looking through the maps I noticed this awesome work by Ely!

I can't wait to visit this place.

kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-02-16, 15:56

Dude hollowed out the inside of that mountain. It's pretty crazy.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-02-16, 16:41

I gotta find some time to get back online soon. That looks like some sweet Al Khazneh shit right there!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-04, 19:55

Maps will likely be down for a little bit while I work on some DNS stuff with my network. Moving web sites from my NAS where they reside now to a more capable server.

I'm also having issues with DNS and my new router at the moment. :/ This has made the moving of the sites up on my priority list. Hope to be done tonight, but might not get it done.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-03-04, 20:06

No problem! Thanks for all the effort and updates, T.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-07, 23:14

So new flash!

Maps are up but not fully automated again. I'm currently in the process of changing my process again.

Currently the maps are generating every day 4 times a day. Since I changed web servers for the maps I'm going to have to change the connection. Basically, Beast was doing all the work and pushing out the results. I let nothing be pushed to my web server as it's is a higher security level than the last web server. So I'm going to configure it to pull the updates.

Anyway, I'm currently manually syncing the data from Beast to the web server with plans to automate it. Once that is automated, I might actually even set up a job to Beast to update user position once an hour or something like that. Seems like it isn't needed anymore since the usage of the MC server isn't as high as it has been in the past. If it's all automated then there is nothing to lose though.

DNS stuff is fixed and all should be well now.

Oh, these are all valid too on the new web server:

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-12, 19:12

So the first phase of syncing has been automated. I've got it pulling the maps every 60 minutes. Sure it will complete quickly most time, but at least you know it will update pretty fast compared to what it was.

I'm about to archive the world as it is right now into the Biomeapalooza (Current World) archive too.

Part of this change is that I'm no longer going to change out the indue for an updating notice. Basically the maps should always show up no unless there is a connection issue to my house, possibly the server itself too. Either way, no more redirected page, just the maps.

Enjoy!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-03-12, 19:17

Huzzah! Thanks for the status updates, T.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-03-15, 13:14

Speaking of maps, the world looks like someone ran over it with serrated scissors.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-15, 14:44

Hmmm... guess I forgot a --delete in there somewhere...

It has a rather neat effect though!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-15, 16:34

It's gonna be a while, but new maps are on the way. I'm not putting up a temp page either so be expecting bad maps until they get done processing.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-03-17, 20:03

I have just run the maps for The End since there is work going on in there right now. I thought it would be interesting to see what the place looks like via the maps and so I did it.

I'm not planning to make it a permanent though I don't plan to take these down. It will be a manual update each time as of now unless there becomes an overwhelming request for it to be a part of the normal maps process. We don't even back up The End right now.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-03-17, 21:47

Neat!! I see it didn't take too long for Bruce to get to work on a new ender grinder.