User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iPhone SDK v6 released: Requires 10.5.3

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhone SDK v6 released: Requires 10.5.3
Gizzer

2008-05-29, 02:44

Hmmm. Methinks there is more to 10.5.3 than meets the eye. A new iPhone SDK is released but it needs the latest OS release. I'm guessing there is more than just bug fixes hiding away in there.

How long before Engadget or TUAW post a "hints of embedded coffee making ability for iPhone found in latest OS release and SDK"?

Place your bets please.....

I give it a few hours from this post
veryamusing

2008-05-29, 06:46

Erica Sadun yesterday posted the following on TUAW:

Quote:
Something interesting is hiding in 10.5.3. I don't know what it is. I don't know what it does. But if it's necessary to upgrade if you want to use the new SDK release, that means that there's a something that ties 10.5.3 to new iPhone features.

So intrepid TUAW readers-slash-detectives, what can you find lurking in that new 10.5.3 firmware release that provides new and exciting iPhone functionality? Let us know in the comments.

My completely wild pulling-it-from-the-posterior guess is something to do with AppStore support -- or maybe the iNewton -- or maybe "back to my iPhone" support -- or... No really, I have no clue. Hopefully Uncle Steve will give us something nice for Keynotemas. Until then, see if you can figure it out.
Someone suggested disk use, and another said "the camera now has GPS tagging abilities."

Very curious, indeed!
ghoti
owner for sale by house

2008-05-29, 08:51

I wrote about that in the 10.5.3 thread yesterday. It's true that the camera now does geotagging (it asks you to use your location the first time you use it), but I don't see why that would need any software support on the Mac side.

Disk use/sharing seems much more likely, or some really new feature nobody has figured out yet.