Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Another masterpiece from |KD LAB|.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Another masterpiece from |KD LAB|.
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2004-12-05, 10:27

Click on "Summer 04 Reel" at http://www.kdlab.net/ to be blown away if you have never seen the work of KD LAB before... and to be blown away even if you have.

I love these guys' work... God I wish I could do that...

The piece is an anthology comprising of snippets from other works listed in the play window and you might want to watch these first.

Unfortunately, "iSpec" is temporarily offline at the moment. There was a thread about it last year at ai or .org IIRC, but I couldn't find it.

If anyone can point me in the direction of similar work on the web, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

bouncy bouncy
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2004-12-05, 13:26

Very,very cool.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-12-05, 13:55

Yeah I agree, thats some awesome work. Are they sponsored by Nike or what's the deal there?
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2004-12-05, 14:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSylvanus
...The piece is an anthology comprising of snippets from other works listed in the play window...
Nike is just one of their clients that they've done work for.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-12-06, 17:54

Extremely cool. Thanks a lot for sharing
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-12-06, 20:20

I envy KDLAB.

If it wasn't for school and work getting in the way, I'd probably spend all day tinkering with 3D scenes. I've never really gotten too talented because I usually only get a couple hours every few weeks to actually sit down and work on anything in 3D. It's not really a mindless like working the forums where you can do something for five minutes, go away for twenty, and do something else for five more minutes.

My dream job would to actually be paid to do that kind of work.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-12-06, 21:24

Oh this company - one of you guys posted a link to the version which had that Shining reference in it - the typewriter scene in the big mansion with the lights that clicked on. Damn that thing gave me a fright at the end though!

(I've never seen The Shining so I do not know if it was a faithful rendition of the manison and whole scene or just some slick imagery with the famous typewriter prose.)

All I want is a simple life
twitter
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-12-06, 21:26

Brad - I like the Alliance Armada Approaches snippet.
How long did it take to put that together? (... and what did you use to do it?)