User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

My St. Patrick's Night with Police and EMS...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
My St. Patrick's Night with Police and EMS...
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-03-18, 03:06

So my St. Patrick's day was going really well, great even. I had managed to stay slightly buzzed for over four hours and can safely say I will remember everything, even the event that concluded the evening at my local irish pub. Let me set up the scene for you, it's really easy....

At 2:37am the front of the bar would have looked something like this....

Only it would have been, you know, 2:37 in the morning. At 2:38am, a couple leaned up against that 10'x6' section of pure glass all the way over on the left, and shattered it. There were plenty of people inside, directly behind it, including myself

Lots of broken glass, blood, and a very freaked out bar staff. Anyone else have anything memorable happen this evening?

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-03-18, 03:24

So how sliced up did everyone get? You okay, or are you sporting some sweet sweet scars for da ladies?
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2005-03-18, 03:29

Nah, I was at the bar with some friends... about two feet away from the farthest shard. I'm fine, but I had to help treat a handful of people that were right next to the window. They had random cuts around their head and on their necks and extremities. Nothing serious, but still. Was a shitty way to end the night, especially for the bar staff

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-03-18, 03:30

No kidding. OTOH, there was plenty of alcohol to swab down cuts, and lots of bar towels to sop up the mess.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2005-03-18, 08:20

Damn!!
Great terrible story, especially since it's local. Got to tell a friend of mine who lives within walking distance of that pub! Especially glad to know that no one was seriously injured, because they could have easily lost a limb if the glass fell the wrong way. I'll be the bar staff had to stay up forEVER to figure out how to cover up the place until it can be repaired.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Barto
Student extraordinaire

2005-03-19, 00:19

I was at Church Bar in Canberra, there was a noise-core band playing (amongst other bands). Cue people looking like, without irony, The Cure, John Lennon, Marilyn Manson... etc.

Some random fuckers knocked over the table - piled with glasses - in front of me. Cue broken glass shower.

The sky was deep black; Jesus still loved me. I started down the alley, wailing in a ragged bass.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-03-19, 06:09

yow - did you get sprayed with it Barto? ... any cuts?
Barto
Student extraordinaire

2005-03-19, 06:40

Yeah, I was on the receiving end of most of it but miraculously I didn't get any cuts. The bar staff weren't very impressed, heh.
staph
Microbial member

Send a message via AIM to staph  
2005-03-19, 06:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto
I was at Church Bar in Canberra, there was a noise-core band playing (amongst other bands). Cue people looking like, without irony, The Cure, John Lennon, Marilyn Manson... etc.
Hmm, sounds like my kind of crowd, although I wouldn't personally attempt to emulate any of those looks — I'm more a Specimen circa 1982 kinda guy (at least when I'm going out). I'm so out of touch — where's the Church Bar?
Barto
Student extraordinaire

2005-03-19, 07:15

Number 7 Akuna St, near Canberra Centre. Used to be the Aree Bar.
staph
Microbial member

2005-03-19, 07:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barto
Number 7 Akuna St, near Canberra Centre. Used to be the Aree Bar.
Ah, Aree Bar. Now's that a dive I won't miss.

'nks.
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2005-03-20, 01:32

Let's see Church Bar, 7 Akuna Street.....gotcha.

Watching and waiting Barto.

I'm watching.........

....and waiting.......
Mac+
9" monochrome

2005-03-20, 01:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester

I'm watching.........

....and waiting.......
too funny - especially from this distance! Watch your back Barto!

(on a serious note - glad to hear you weren't injured in the glass shard shower)
staph
Microbial member

2005-03-20, 02:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester

I'm watching.........

....and waiting.......
Slow and steady wins the race.
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2005-03-20, 11:41

LoCash,

Wow... sorry to hear about your night. That sucks. But you did have fun for the first four hours, and I think it's really cool that you got to help out the few that got the wrong side of some broken glass while trying to enjoy their night.

My night was great. I was out late drinking and eating sushi. However, it was not for St. Patty's day, no no... we were kicking loose for other reasons... I'll fill in the blanks in do time but for now it's on the DL.

Anyhow....

no sig, how's that for being a rebel!
iBrowse

2005-03-20, 14:17

I was supposed to meet a few friends at the only Irish bar in town to hit up the specials they had going, an hour after they got there they called to say that they had already spent all their money and were heading to my house. There were about 8 of us sitting around drinking when at around midnight a friend of mine got dropped off at my house, totally shit faced. After making a bunch of messes out of our kitchen and trying to slap his dick on my friend's face he headed outside to talk to the few people smoking cigarettes. Standing on my porch railing (against what I had told him) somebody lit some firecrackers to scare everybody. Well, my friend standing on the railing took this surprise as his cue to jump off the railing, onto our shed roof. Through our shed roof. Through our shed roof onto an old, sharp, jagged, metal florescent light fixture inside, upside down, with bulbs still in it. At this point I got ahold of the person that gave him a ride there telling him to take him away from my trashed house.

I talked to him the next day and he didn't even remember being at my house for the hour and a half that he was.

i thought i used to have a signature